Sh*t Scuba Divers Say

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In Bonaire, I always get this..

'Excuse me, is that a drysuit?'
Yes
'Why are you wearing a drysuit down here?'

---------- Post Merged at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Mark, you 'like' a lot of posts. You're likeable. Like for reals.

How about: I have some dive "gears" for sale.
I find that this collocation jumps out at me as well, but I recognize that it's a language variety issue. Some native speaker dialects of English do make that into a countable noun when in American and British English it's not countable. But language varieties have (wait for it....) variation. So while you and I don't sell "gears" for diving, neither do we step off a "kerb" or refer to the yard around our house as the "compound" or "off" the light, or any of seemingly limitless variations on English language usage.
:ijs:

I have a fin with L on it, where's the R for my other foot?
Um, I don't have an R, but I've got an S--the very next letter in the alphabet. Wanna try that one?

It's cold, dark, barren, surgey, swelly with 3 foot viz, but my gear is already wet so i'm committed.

To the boat captain at the start of a dive: "Please don't leave until I get back."

From the same diver to a differentcaptain at the end of the dive: "What do you mean, this isn't the boat I cam out on?"

To the first boat captain again: "All these dive boats look alike; they all have that same red and white flag. You should each have different colors."

Last edited:
A dsd once said to me he had trouble equalising, "my ears make a funny squeaking noise when I blow, here listen.......... Did you hear it?" Almost drowned from laughing
I don't have much of a problem clearing, but after 18 dives in short order, I can clear my ears on land and you can hear it 10' away.

FWIW - it's REALLY fun to do in a quiet restaurant at lunch :)

---------- Post Merged at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:52 PM ----------

DM/second capt. at the back of the boat giving the speech about everyone having their butts parked on a cushion while they bring the boat into dock "Keep your hands, arms and legs INSIDE the boat and make sure you are sitting on a yellow cushion until we are finished docking - It's always nice to end the day with the same number of body parts as you started with"

This said as I am sitting on the deck swapping my dive leg over to may walking leg prosthetic. With 11 other divers on board. They all looked at me. I looked back. Suddenly everyone on board is about to pass out laughing, and poor Capt. Brian's turning as red as he could get.

Back
Top Bottom