sex under pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
well, I am a nurse. and I know the answer but someone needs to formally ask me in a respectful way. and Andy! Kim said to be serious

Wouldn't it predispose you to a some sort of infection? I was actually told something like that about sex in a hot tub. But I can't remember if it was because of the chlorine and germs or just the act.

well, thats relatively minor. the real danger is air embolism, depending on cycle.

catherine96821:
well, thats relatively minor. the real danger is air embolism, depending on cycle.

air embolism to the ovaries?

H2Andy:
i was being seroius!

to me, sex is not about just going through the motions underwater. that's
just pointless

(that's just me)

that was the most insightful thing i have ever heard you say.

air gets ....introduced and upon expansion, could be forced into the arterial bloodstream if the lining (endometrium) is shedding .

catherine96821:
air gets ....introduced and upon expansion, could be forced into the arterial bloodstream if the lining (endometrium) is shedding .

upon expansion on ascent, right?

catherine96821:

ah... a few months back i posted a pretty insightful post about Dandy Don's
horse going missing.... you must have missed that....

:wink:

(thank you =)

H2Andy:
i was being seroius!

to me, sex is not about just going through the motions underwater. that's
just pointless

(that's just me)
I know what you are saying. However, being in a saturation habitat for an extended period of time as the OP referred to might just produce situations where this information could become important.

catherine96821:

That would be an issue that skipped my mind completely, thanks for the info.

I had guesses that there would be more of an issue for females but I wasnt sure what they would be.

H2Andy:
upon expansion on ascent, right?

ah... a few months back i posted a pretty insightful post about Dandy Don's
horse going missing.... you must have missed that....

:wink:

(thank you =)

yes, anytime air is trapped anywhere, that is the problem. think it through. ears, alveoli, etc/

well, I will be looking for that post!

Hi all,

Who dare.........to try........under water sex......

Cheer
Jason

Kim:
I know what you are saying. However, being in a saturation habitat for an extended period of time as the OP referred to might just produce situations where this information could become important.
I'd be concerned about conception, and the effects of saturation diving on fetus formaton.

On the other hand, I seem to recal something about oral contraceptives increasing DCS risk.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom