Seriously embarassingly idiotic mistake?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigd2722

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After 17 years, I'm embarassed to admit that I soaked my regulator all night without the dust cap. Not worried about the regulator, I'll take a HOG repair class and that will be my model for the class. Was going to take the class anyway. My question is, did I screw up the hoseless integrate computer transmitter. Did water get in the back door? Is there anyway to check it other than fire it up and see what happens?

thanx :no::idk::(:depressed::dork2::shocked2:

If you didn't pressurize the reg, it's likely that no water got into the HP hose. The trick is to take the hose off and pressurize the reg, and blow all the water out through the empty port, then hook the computer up again. If this was clean, fresh water, you probably ought to service the reg, but it's not as urgent as if it were salt.

You should take the HP hose off, hook up the bc inflator hose and then press the purge on second stages and the inflator and let air come out the HP port and you may be OK.

Thanx for the responses, but there is no high pressure hose. The only thing on the HP side is the transmitter.

Thanx for the responses, but there is no high pressure hose. The only thing on the HP side is the transmitter.
Without the added pressure, nothing should get very far into the transmitter. And, it should be just a sealed pressure senser so I would not expect much chance of a problem. Detach it and let it dry for a couple days.

What TS&M said, remove the transmitter the hook it up to the tank and blow it with air, It should be fine. When you feel it is dry replace the wireless transmitter and have a great dive.

That's not nearly as dumb as what someone did last week. They rented a full set of dive gear, took said dive gear to the Gulf of Mexico, and assembled the gear. They thought it'd be easier to put the gear on in the water, so they threw the rig overboard. It then sank to the bottom, gone forever.

That was a really expensive dive.

As it is so small, try putting the transmitter in dry (uncooked/raw?) rice for a couple of days. It should suck any moisture that may have gone inside. This works sometimes for cellphones btw.

Back
Top Bottom