September Visayas trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like you're pretty set on Exotic but I'd recommend Threasher Shark Divers for Malapascua. A smaller operation than Exotic but closer to the rest of the restaurants on the main beach. They are for scuba only but can make reservations for nearby resorts whether on the beach or the cheaper ones inland. I heard Exotic gets kind of cranky if you start eating outside of thier resort much or go diving with someone else. I've never dived with them myself but have tried Sea Explorers as well with good results. Cocobana is right on the beach with air condition available. I go for the Wobbly Boot resort inland with fan for anywhere from 750-850 pesos including breakfast, but then I usually stay for a week.

Sounds like a fun trip. I'll be going to Tabutaha and Malapascua starting May 19.

Jason

jbb:
Sounds like you're pretty set on Exotic but I'd recommend Threasher Shark Divers for Malapascua. A smaller operation than Exotic but closer to the rest of the restaurants on the main beach. They are for scuba only but can make reservations for nearby resorts whether on the beach or the cheaper ones inland. I heard Exotic gets kind of cranky if you start eating outside of thier resort much or go diving with someone else. I've never dived with them myself but have tried Sea Explorers as well with good results. Cocobana is right on the beach with air condition available. I go for the Wobbly Boot resort inland with fan for anywhere from 750-850 pesos including breakfast, but then I usually stay for a week.

Sounds like a fun trip. I'll be going to Tabutaha and Malapascua starting May 19.

Jason
darn..you gonna miss DOR IV in Anilao...

JBB:

Hey jason, great recommendation! anyway, it's up still september so maybe a few more suggestions, and a few more website or email links and contact numbers if you have it, before I really make a decision. But ill try to google this later. :)

ishbaby:
Hey jason, great recommendation! anyway, it's up still september so maybe a few more suggestions, and a few more website or email links and contact numbers if you have it, before I really make a decision. But ill try to google this later. :)

Their web site is at http://www.malapascua-diving.com/index. Andrea and Trevor own and run the Dive Shop - great people (tell them Jason Breyer commended them to you). There is info on their site for accomodation nearby. I stay at the Kuan Ba (Wobbly Boot Resort). They have nice clean bungalos with fan (might even have ac in one). They also run a generator part of the day when the island generator stops. It is near a videoke bar but that has never kept me from sleeping. They even have a pool. If you have never been to Malapascua before there are several nice restaurants nearby from real Italian (Italian owned), Asian (can't remember the name but the stuffed squid is good), Filipino(Ging-Gings) to European/German/Mexican foods(Sunsplash- Chicken Fajitas - 15 shots and still standing). Don't forget Crazy golf - miniature golf course - each month the 10 lowest scores are kept and immortalized on a board.

Diving - Gato Island for little stuff (nudibranch and pigmy seahorse) and shark cave. Monad Shoal for the threasher sharks.

Ask about prices because it's been a year since I was there and prices seem to have come up a little.

I'm going to be there this June 1 through at least the 9th after Tabutaha.

Jason

thanks again jay, hmm this would seem interesting. But id rather have a room away from the videoke bars, as they are quite annoying :p Will look up more of these resorts. Appreciate all the info. And btw, that is TUBBATAHA, for your liveaboard dives on the 9th. Don't forget to give us a heads up if you decide to dive in Anilao, Batangas, or Puerto Galera, fin'lly. . .. you are most welcome to post whatever you like within our forum, as long as it is within TOS :p :)

Cheers!

iSh

iris_ice:
looks like someone won't be going to the visayas anymore... :D

honeymoon in Bali... away from the prying eyes of ppd and the rest of the board.

siiiiigh.... :D

I'll be there to take pictures of the nuptials...:D

Ish, when will you be in Bohol? I think we will be there for 10 days at the beginning of September. Caloy recommended a great hotel there. Caloy, what about Seaquest Dive Center? Do you have to book a dive op in advance?

Sorry to hijack your thread Ish. Paolo taught me hoe to hijack...:wink:

Hey Dennis! That's great! Your post doesnt sound like a hi jack hehe.

ill be in Bohol on Sept 14 til the 17th, before I leave for Malapascua and Bantayan. Im booked at the Bohol Divers Resort [http://www.boholdivers-resort.com] Probably diving with Phildivers or Prosafari divers (www.prosafari.com) Also have arranged a tour with a local guide there for a whole day around Bohol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom