September Visayas trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ishbaby

..:: brown sugar ::..
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Ok, Me and some friends (1 diver and 2 non divers ) are officially going to Malapascua, Bantayan and Bohol in September for an amazing race trip of 6 days . . .

Ive already decided on Malapascua Exotic for of course Malapascua, but for Bantayan, still haven't found any dive resorts there. (Is there any??)

Now, in Bohol, im still deciding if I stay along Alona Beach or head off to to Balicasag Island Dive Resort instead for 3 days 2 nights. I was planning on doing a whole day tour thing in Bohol to check out other stuff such as the chocolate hills, the old churches and of course the Tarsiers. I dont think it's that hard to get a banca to get back to Bohol mainland and back to the resort. ( or is it pretty difficult?) And the 3rd day for 2 dives, and snorkling for some of my friends.

If you guys have any contact info for Balicasag Island resort, would appreciate it, as I can't find any website of theirs.

Any inputs regarding this is very much appreciated. . . . .
05.gif

Balicasag Island Resort:

Manila - 524 2495 / 524 2513 / 524 2502 524 8977
Balicasag - 6338 502 6001
Bohol - 6338 411 2192

Let me know how Bantayan is. I'm super jealous!

I'd stay on Alona itself. I haven't heard very good things about the resort on Belicasag and there will be less for your non-diver friends to do there. The island is only a 1/2 hour boat ride from Alona anyway, so on any given day you shouldn't have trouble finding an operator who is diving there.

ahhh. . hmmm, good point there. anyway, Id wait for Koya caloy to post his Bohol stories here. Im kinda lazy to browse thru thousands of pasaway threads hehe.

Thanks manhattandiver :)

no dive shop in bantayan, there used to be but didnt clickd, great beach though, perfect for bumming around, better than boracay for me..

yep stay in alona, heard balicasag resort has insanely high rates, plus you guys can walk around etc at the beach rather than being stuck in an island..

ei if you wanna do the bohol tour i know a guy there that charges 2k for a whole day tour on his car.. say hi to the tarsiers for me.. :)

and if you still have time you could also add camiguin to your IT, also a great place for diving and the 'white island' is superb, its just 2hrs boat ride from Jagna port (1hr from tagbilaran).. you can arrange a special trip for 2k-2.5k, lots of people do that all the time so im sure you can tag along in a group to save money..

enjoy! hmf! kainggit.. :)

Tamad! :)

rates for balicasag:
4-6 ppl 3d/2n: P5,600 4 dives

inclusions: a/c, daily breakfast, tanks, weights, dive boat, guide, roundtrip transfers.

just stay in Alona Beach in Panglao, thats were the action is. Dive shops and restaurants are within easy reach, not to say the nice beach. Manhattan Diver is right, you can just hire a boat to Balicasag and be there in 45 minutes.

hey versatile thanks for that! yeah, i am actually browsing in PEX too regarding Bohol, there's a certain Mang Jun who charges 1,800 all in for the whole day tour.

Ill do Camiguin next time, I wish I could have extended my vacation to 10 days haha.

CHIP . . . . bleeeeh! and mwah!! thaaaaanks dude, appreciate it! :) . . .

Koya . . . ok . . . Alona beach it is . . . just have to research on which hotel to go.

:D

Back
Top Bottom