September Visayas trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you guys will be there at the same it would be very easy for you to meet for a dive or lunch or dinner. It is a short walk from Alona Palm Beach from Bohol Divers Resort or vice versa. I dove with Phildivers (Bohol Divers) last Oct to Nov 06.

@ Dennis - just email them and it's done. Take an Asian Spirit Airline or Seair flight from Manila to Busuanga (Airport), Palawan. It is just a 45-60 minute jeepney ride to Coron and the resort. The resort can arrange your transfers. BTW, try the pasta and the halo halo dessert at the resort:)

ishbaby:
Hey Dennis! That's great! Your post doesnt sound like a hi jack hehe.

ill be in Bohol on Sept 14 til the 17th, before I leave for Malapascua and Bantayan. Im booked at the Bohol Divers Resort [http://www.boholdivers-resort.com] Probably diving with Phildivers or Prosafari divers (www.prosafari.com) Also have arranged a tour with a local guide there for a whole day around Bohol.

We'll be leaving on the 14th Ish... To go to PG. I'll see if I can re-arrange a few things.

Caloy, there are flights from Manila to Tagbilaran with PAL or Cebu Pacific. Which airline would you suggest?

Cebu Pacific is fine and cheaper, but if you're traveling heavy PAL is the next best thing. Just get a PAL sports plus privilege card to avail of extra baggage allowance of 30 kilos. This can be acquired in any PAL ticket office.

BTW, both airlines allow 7 kilos of hand carry bag and 20 kilos of check in baggage.

try this www.cebupacificair.com and www.philippineairlines.com.

ps - I always take the afternoon/last flight out of Tagbilaran:).

I just flew to Manila and then Cebu with Cebu Pacific Airlines, and have to say the service is good and flights are fine but we did experience delays with each flight we took.. wasnt a problem for us as we werent travelling on tight timeframes, but if you do have connections to make etc bear in mind you may be delayed. (each flight we left about an hour/hour and a half later than the scheduled departure time)

hello koya, how near is phildivers from Bohol Divers Resort? Prosafari Divers is on the opposite side of Alona Beach, (Doljo Beach) they have free transfers from my resort to theirs, diving is just the same price, and looks like the boat ride to the sites are quicker from Prosafari, but I don't know really, never been there.

whatcha think . . huh? hehe.

slight hijack... Anyone been to Bohol Beach Resort? Nice?

Also how much are the dives in Alona? Trying to figure out if the package I can get here in HK is worth it.

ishbaby:
hello koya, how near is phildivers from Bohol Divers Resort? Prosafari Divers is on the opposite side of Alona Beach, (Doljo Beach) they have free transfers from my resort to theirs, diving is just the same price, and looks like the boat ride to the sites are quicker from Prosafari, but I don't know really, never been there.

whatcha think . . huh? hehe.

Phildivers/Bohol divers are one and the same and situated in Alona Beach. Prosafari is right next to Phildivers.

I went with Phildivers when I did Balicasag Island. Three dives, boat out is 8am and back to resort around 4pm. Order a lunch pack when you go and do Balicasag. Free tea and coffee in the boat. Phildivers number is +0385029048 and 09193022166, ask for Liza. FYI, Balicasag is a microcosm of Tubbataha, all wall dives! (watch your bouyancy). I hope you see the Barracuda/Trevally tornado. Alan of Phildivers knows the time and place to spot them (2:30pm-3:30pm at Divers Heaven).

pakman:
slight hijack... Anyone been to Bohol Beach Resort? Nice?

Also how much are the dives in Alona? Trying to figure out if the package I can get here in HK is worth it.
i just like posting and re-posting coya's trip report... maybe if i post if often enough, i'd get to go :D

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=117578&highlight=alona

Here Pak http://www.cebupacificair.com/funtours/fun-bohol.html

But do your diving with Phildivers, Genesis or Prosafari. $18-20 dollars per dive (own equipment). Bohol Beach Club will charge a higher rate since they don't have an in-house dive op, more like outsourcing arrangement.

ps - aforementioned dive ops can pick you up and take you back to your hotel after the day dives.

Back
Top Bottom