Seeking the DIR Answer: Must DIR Shops be Committed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It ain't so much the kit that we'd be worried about.

You could dive a poodle jacket and it wouldn't be a deciding factor for me not to dive with you. Not that that has anything to do with what we're discussing here at all.

It's quite possible you just fell through the cracks.

So what have you been doing since then anyway?

It can be quite frustrating to get a team going at first when 90% of the divers you'll meet will not be activey diving by next year, if it takes them even that long to quit.

I recall our DIR-f instructor telling us finding a good dive buddy is harder than finding a wife/spouse. I know I went through a couple dive-spouses..........lol.

WJL:
It's a shame you got that answer. I wonder if the person who gave it to you even knew what they were talking about. Our local DIR group here in SE Michigan welcomes non-DIR divers to dive with us and see it they are interested. Many have taken up the offer. Some like it, some don't, some are intrigued but don't follow through, some get the bug and can't get enough of it. We dive with non-DIR divers, noobies and experienced alike. There's no particular exclusionary rule. In general, the more demanding the dives, the less willing we'd be to do the dive with a non-DIR diver, but that's about it. I don't think our group is particularly unique that way. Find some other more open-minded bunch to dive with.

OK now this is the attitude I'm looking for. No BS.
WJL:
I wonder if the person who gave it to you even knew what they were talking about.

They should at their level.

RiverRat:
Actualy I have to ask myself, what is Steve R's or Jeff G's mindset or skillset.
For all I know.............
and asking yourself that (and getting an answer) would do what for you?

Steve R:
So what have you been doing since then anyway?

I've been diving with whoever I can get a hold of and Divemastering a few times. Basically every weekend in the quarry and I'm heading up to the St. Lawrence soon. Practicing my trim, situational awareness, frog and modified flutters among other things.
All good stuff but I can only do so much without a true teammate and like minded diver. But I'll get there sooner or later.

RiverRat:
Not it's not...But I knew this was coming....I must be a bad diver.......
I only go by what you say. If you like/want to hold back information, then do not be surprised when the answer is not to your liking.

It seems that every post you make, something new is revealed.

WJL:
It's a shame you got that answer. I wonder if the person who gave it to you even knew what they were talking about.
Probably not, its their fault.

RiverRat:
Actualy I have to ask myself, what is Steve R's or Jeff G's mindset or skillset.
For all I know.............
We're A-holes of course.

But I like how how you're again biting the hand feeding you. We've run across this exact thing about 100 times....last week alone.

Funny how we both though the same thing though isn't it?

We also couldn't give a shiite what some-one else thinks about us, and we certainly don't whine about it. :blinking:

For me anyway, it generally comes down to if someone wants help I'll give it to them in as much capacity as I can. If they want to argue about it then they can leave. I don't have that kind of time to waste.

Those are true no BS answers, and that's what you're looking for.

JeffG:
and asking yourself that (and getting an answer) would do what for you?

It wouldn't really make much of a difference now would it. I'm me and you're you. But you were quick to question my ability etc. in the forum weren't you? What good does that do?
Instead of accepting things the way they are you had to look for some other reason why
things are the way they are.

Steve R:
We're A-holes of course.
and we don't dive and we are not even certified and nobody likes us and nobody dives with us...boo hoo is me.

RiverRat:
But you were quick to question my ability etc. in the forum weren't you?
I made no such judgement.

Please show me where I did.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom