Seeking pressure chamber recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wetb4igetinthewater

Instructor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for a programmable pressure chamber with a transparent window for viewing the displays of various dive computers.

Ideally there'd be a way of pressing buttons on the DCa simultaneously to switch gasses but that likely isn't feasible. Just an Uber nice to have.

a programmable pressure chamber

What do you mean by "programmable"? What does it mean to you in this context?

Global Mfg. sells pressure pots for testing depth gauges and dive computers.

Looking for a programmable pressure chamber with a transparent window for viewing the displays of various dive computers.

Ideally there'd be a way of pressing buttons on the DCa simultaneously to switch gasses but that likely isn't feasible. Just an Uber nice to have.
Building a Transparent Pressurize cylinder

Get a transparent water filter housing. Add fittings and gauge, fill with water, insert computer and use a little air to bring it to pressure.

Get a transparent water filter housing. Add fittings and gauge, fill with water, insert computer and use a little air to bring it to pressure.
I could build something custom, but I'd rather pay for something more on the market. Ideally, I could set a schedule that would result in a number of deco stops over a simulated dive that spans a number of hours. Obviously I want to have a Shearwater and a Divesoft dive computer to compare results. I'd like to set up a camera to record the displays of all computers that implement Buhlmann ZH-L16c in the chamber with matching GF settings. There is just too much at state to risk anything going wrong. Of course there would be software tests and actual diving, but a programmable pressure chamber goes a long way.

I could build something custom, but I'd rather pay for something more on the market. Ideally, I could set a schedule that would result in a number of deco stops over a simulated dive that spans a number of hours. Obviously I want to have a Shearwater and a Divesoft dive computer to compare results. I'd like to set up a camera to record the displays of all computers that implement Buhlmann ZH-L16c in the chamber with matching GF settings. There is just too much at state to risk anything going wrong. Of course there would be software tests and actual diving, but a programmable pressure chamber goes a long way.
I am confused. I claim what you are asking for does not exist commercially as the market is extremely small. Only a dive computer manufacturer would need one? Or have I missed something?

If you explain "why" you need one then maybe someone could come up with a more relevant answer than a repurposed home water filter.

The water filter is a great tool for checking out dive computers (and very very small camera housings).

I am confused. I claim what you are asking for does not exist commercially as the market is extremely small. Only a dive computer manufacturer would need one? Or have I missed something?

If you explain "why" you need one then maybe someone could come up with a more relevant answer than a repurposed home water filter.

The water filter is a great tool for checking out dive computers (and very very small camera housings).
The why isn't obvious? I completely understand that this market is extremely small. The validation effort required for implementing a trimix algorithm is critical to ensure diver's safety. It has to match the data provided by the gold standards of dive computers as one means of algorithm implementation validation. This is not the only means of validation.

I figured i'd ask the the hive as there is a fair bit of technical expertise on scubaboard that I thought I'd tap into.

"doesn't exist commercially" gotta disagree with you there, everything exists commercially even if it's a custom one off for an exorbitant price.

The why isn't obvious? I completely understand that this market is extremely small. The validation effort required for implementing a trimix algorithm is critical to ensure diver's safety. It has to match the data provided by the gold standards of dive computers as one means of algorithm implementation validation. This is not the only means of validation.

I figured i'd ask the the hive as there is a fair bit of technical expertise on scubaboard that I thought I'd tap into.
Correct. Not obvious.

I am now guessing that you want to compare dive computer A to dive computer B. One of them being "gold".

Which dive profiles do you want to match? All of them? That's a lot. That will likely take a very long time. Years? Decades? Especially as you are slowly doing the tests in real time.

If you just want to match a small handful of profiles then the cost effective approach is to manually control a water filter casing.

A "programmable" pressure pot to automatically test pre-planned unattended dive profile on submerged dive computers in a pressure pot doesn't exist. The one that exists and is sold by Global is manual, you have to stand there and open and shut off the pressure to adjust the depth up or down. You have to stand there by the pressure pot adding pressure or venting it off. This pressure pot has a glass top cover you use to monitor your submerged dive computer(s) and you can put a video camera above this glass to make a video of your precious experiment. To change the pressure (to change depth) in the pot, you have to do it manually while standing by the pot. The pot has a connection for HP air to test AI dive computers too (only one connection for one computer however without a splitter).

Back
Top Bottom