Seeking pressure chamber recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not for use under pressure, but he is not using it that way; his external pressure just makes the plug tighter rather than trying to blow it out the end of the fitting.

Agree that the applied pressure will not blow out the Delrin cap but when you pressurize the chamber it'll be subjected to 4 or 5 ATM external pressure that could open a hole in the Delrin if not thick enough. I'm not saying it will happen (not an expert on materials resistance). All I can say is we use a bronze 7/16" UNF cap bought in Home Depot a long time ago without any issues.

All I can say is we use a bronze 7/16" UNF cap bought in Home Depot a long time ago without any issues.
Interesting. I didn't realize the Home Depot cap had an o-ring groove.

@tursiops

I'm a 70 ish retired electronic engineer and a SCUBA diver since the late 60's and I have been servicing and repairing dive computers and dive watches for the last 15 years. I have learned quite a few secrets of most dive computers as well as where to get tools and parts to service them. The least I can do is provide straight answers when I get an intelligent question from a member of this forum.

@tursiops

I'm a 70 ish retired electronic engineer and a SCUBA diver since the late 60's and I have been servicing and repairing dive computers and dive watches for the last 15 years. I have learned quite a few secrets of most dive computers as well as where to get tools and parts to service them. The least I can do is provide straight answers when I get an intelligent question from a member of this forum.
Impressive.

we use a bronze 7/16" UNF cap bought in Home Depot
Any chance you have a link that shows this cap. I despise going into Home Depot without knowing exactly where I need to find what I'm looking for. The employees at my local like to play "hide and seek" but that a story for a different thread.

Thank you for your contributions to this informative thread.

@couv
I am attaching three pictures of the cap. I bought it a long time ago and I am pretty sure it was at HD. However, it could have been also at the local Lowe's store.

Attachments

• Transmitter cap 1.jpg
    Transmitter cap 1.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Transmitter cap 2.jpg
    Transmitter cap 2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Transmitter cap 3.jpg
    Transmitter cap 3.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 29
@couv
I am attaching three pictures of the cap. I bought it a long time ago and I am pretty sure it was at HD. However, it could have been also at the local Lowe's store.
Your pictures look a lot like wheel lug nuts. 7/16" UNF is a common wheel stud size, could it be that you have a bronze lug nut?

@tursiops

You rebuilt my titanium Stingrr from assorted parts last year for my wife for my Christmas present. You made me the happiest guy on the planet.

I wear it every day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom