seeking certification near Effingham Illinois

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jackson4

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello, I'm new here and not certified. I'd like to change that and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for certification sites/centers/people near Effingham Illinois? I've seen references to OmniScuba in St. Elmo but so far, haven't been able to reach them.

Thanks in advance.

TJ

I dont know about Effingham but you could always come on down to Arkansas and I would be more than happy! :D

I dove down that way ant Mermet Springs in Metropolis (home of superman) Its a quarry run by some class people. I was impressed with their shop and set up,I am sure you can google them as I dont have a number handy. Keep us posted on what you find and good luck with the classes

Cheers
Michael

Thanks for the replies. I did find some more info on a place called Scuba World Inc. near O'Fallon IL which offers PADI certifications and they use Mermet Springs as one of their open dive locations. I've also heard from a couple others that Mermet Springs was well run place with pretty good diving. Right now, these sound like my best options. We'll see how it goes...thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom