Hello from Ohio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drisko

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,
My name is Dan and I am new to the forum. I currently live in Ohio and travel to Florida to dive. My older brother retired to the Daytona Beach area and he is my dive buddy. I took some discover scuba courses years ago in middle school and high school. Last year I was in Miami for a work trip at the same time my brother was working with his dive instructor in Pompano Beach to get his SDI Advance Open Water certification. I decided to extend my time in Florida by a week and was able to complete the online coursework and about a dozen dives (beach and boat) to get my Open Water cert and my Advanced Adventure Diver cert through SDI. I spent another week in Pompano in August and a long weekend last month and am well on my way to completing Advance Open Water. I hop to progress through Rescue Diver and either Master Diver or start on Professional certifications with Dive Master.

In addition to diving, my brother and I took some sailing classes and received some certifications through American Sailing Association early this year. Having not spent a lot of time in or near the ocean growing up, I'm trying to make up for lost time I guess. Life in Ohio is getting stale and I'm hoping to relocate to Florida soon to spend even more time on these new interests of mine. That being said IT work is also getting a little old and I'm exploring my options to make a change and combine an income with my hobbies. I'm interested in starting up a dive charter business that will offer compelling benefits over the types of dive charters I have experienced. I know that is a challenging market to make a living but I have been working with the local Small Business Development Center here in Ohio to learn all about starting a business and making sure I can succeed. As part of the class, I have created a market research survey targeting divers to find out more. If anyone is willing to help by filling out the survey, I would greatly appreciate it. It is a little long and will probably take 20-30 minutes. You will be able to skip any questions that you don't want to share about but the more information you can provide the better idea I will have of whether or not this is a viable option for me.

Thanks!

Edit: Due to early feedback, I have made a shorter version of the survey linked in the original survey below that is a bit more targeted and should only take 5-10 minutes to complete.

While in OH, take advantage of shipwreck diving in Lake Erie. Many great wrecks to explore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom