Secure for Ike

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daughter called earlier this afternoon & said they got their juice back today---they were getting ready to get more fuel this evening ie were @ the end of the 50 gallons we had brought over last Wed....They were scheduled to get power back yesterday according to the linked below site by Centerpoint Energy so 1 day extra(off) was not too bad I thought(I was really expecting it on by tomorrow).....good luck to those in SE Texas esp the Galveston area, here not many things made it thru there.........

http://www.centerpointenergy.com/st.../doc/Est_Restoration_ZipCode_Esize_091908.pdf

EDIT:she lives in zip code 77009(the Heights)

Last edited:
Hi all,

I am fairly new to the group and hope those of you affected by Ike are doing well.I just got power this a.m.,we live in the country and was told to look for power around Oct.15,so I feel really blessed.No major damage or injuries to report here.Just thought I'd say hi and wish ya'll well

Rick

Thanks, Rick! We're glad all is well with you and that there was no major damage. What shape is the rest of the county in, from what you can tell?

lots of downed trees (some older than me:shocked 2:) thats to be expected way out here, have seen some houses totalled and no damage to next door, flattened cars from carports and trees,just regular storm damage, but being Texans, we are a tough bunch and will recover quickly and stronger.We feel blessed to be alive and that our families and friends are safe and well. Also if any one is in my area and needs some help clearing debris(free of charge) just send a message

Rick

Hi all,

I am fairly new to the group and hope those of you affected by Ike are doing well.I just got power this a.m.,we live in the country and was told to look for power around Oct.15,so I feel really blessed.No major damage or injuries to report here.Just thought I'd say hi and wish ya'll well

Rick

Being I'm not too familiar with (all of) Texas, where is Montgomery County???.....TIA---glad all is well with you & yours......We gonna make coonasses out you Texans yet......lol.........

EDIT:never mind, googled it on a map, kinda north of Houston.....

Montgomery County? Want to hear something funny? It's Montgomery County Ohio that is still having problems getting people back on the grid after Ike came through here. Down to about 2800 without power now and the power company is going to do a rate hike to pay for all this...I fear there may be riots, people are TICKED about that little announcement. They were picketing the power companies at one point because their power hadn't been turned back on yet.
Ber :lilbunny:

Yeah, my parents just got power back on the 20th. And they were worried when they heard DFW would still see Cat 1 hurricane winds. Instead we didn't see > 25 mph and they saw 100 mph gusts.

Montgomery County? Want to hear something funny? It's Montgomery County Ohio that is still having problems getting people back on the grid after Ike came through here. Down to about 2800 without power now and the power company is going to do a rate hike to pay for all this...I fear there may be riots, people are TICKED about that little announcement. They were picketing the power companies at one point because their power hadn't been turned back on yet.
Ber :lilbunny:

As of today, Friday the 26th, Metro Houston still has over 500,000 without power(don't know if they meant meters or total estimated people)...sister in law in Humble got hers back this afternoon............but in reality, they all caught a break.......We(in SW Louisiana) were without juice for 9 days post Rita----the 1st 5 days afterward the temp hit 97+degrees with over 75% humidity----IT WAS HOT......about 3 months after Rita, I bought a small 5000btu window A/C & never used it till I brought it to our daughter's in Houston post Ike.......It's getting better & with these fronts starting to come thru, think the season is about over-----TILL NEXT JUNE+........

Haha except for the 'Cane headed for Boston.

Haha except for the 'Cane headed for Boston.

That's their problem--and---it's not going to be much either.....
025606W_sm.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom