Secure for Ike

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richerso

Contributor
Reaction score
Well,
I just staked (using camping / tent stakes) all of my lightweight patio furniture down to the ground. Now I just need to go buy some beer and I will be ready for Ike. :cool2:

Well,
I just staked (using camping / tent stakes) all of my lightweight patio furniture down to the ground. Now I just need to go buy some beer and I will be ready for Ike. :cool2:

LOL, guess I need to do the same, lucky for me though I have around 15 gallons of beer kegged up give or take some. :D

Laura & I got ready for Gustav and still have some things in place from that.
It looks as if this "Ike" will be doing a "Tina" and Dancin' all over us this weekend.

We took pictures of our house last week inside and out ( a twice yearly thing).
We filled up a disk full of pictures to put in the safety deposit box & uploaded to website .

richerso....I'll be making that Beer and Fuel run tomorrow.

Besides that , I have 12 new Fender extra heavy guitar picks and dozens of sets each of Banjo & Guitar strings so I'm good for weeks. I can hunker down in the basemant and stay happy.

My Wife on the other hand will need to procure a handgun should she want to ever survive through listening to all of that.
:rofl3:

We should just pray for slow steady rain :wink:

Is it just me, or is Ike NOT doing what the Weather Channel is saying? They keep saying it is going to go more west, but it keeps going more north. If you look at the forecast track versus the historical track, the storm has to make a left turn to make their forecast correct. I think the people in Houston and even toward Louisiana need to keep a really close watch on Ike because the Weather Channel has been all over the board on the forecast of this storm and I still don't think they have it right. It could end up going where Rita went in 2005.

I wish everyone the best. I have stocked up on gas, vodka and water.

The rest will be up to chance.

vanessar

Is it just me, or is Ike NOT doing what the Weather Channel is saying? They keep saying it is going to go more west, but it keeps going more north. If you look at the forecast track versus the historical track, the storm has to make a left turn to make their forecast correct. I think the people in Houston and even toward Louisiana need to keep a really close watch on Ike because the Weather Channel has been all over the board on the forecast of this storm and I still don't think they have it right. It could end up going where Rita went in 2005.
Hope not on the Rita thingy---she kicked our little town's collective butts..........It's about 5 AM on Thurs. as I type and looks like it's started ie it's westward movement vs. NW------btw to the poster who prepared for Gustav(which again we went thru----AGAIN), remember , practice makes perfect.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish everyone the best. I have stocked up on gas, vodka and water.

The rest will be up to chance.

vanessar

It's never too late to pray----Our thoughts AND prayers will be with everyone in the path & our oldest(daughter) lives in the Heights in Houston.......good luck to all.........

Well,

{rabbit raising hand waving frantically} I have a question since I've never lived in hurricane territory. Is staking the furniture down effective in the conditions you're expecting for your area? When is staking not an option and bringing the furniture into the house to keep it from being blown in through the windows a necessity?

Hope everyone is able to stay safe and unharmed.
Ber :lilbunny:

Back
Top Bottom