Upgraded to Nauticam with Z6 - General Advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

4togrfr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been shooting a D90 in an Ikelite housing for about 3 years (after using a coolpix in a housing for 10+years). On a recent trip to Jamaica, the housing would not hold vacuum and I discovered a hairline crack at two different control holes. Ikelite quoted $400 for a service/repair/replace the front of the housing. While I have been generally happy learrng with the D90, I felt it was time to upgrade to use my Z6 underwater. I thought about staying with Ikelite, but the cracked plastic housing turned me off a bit. When I found a new Nauticam Z7v housing, for a deeply discounted price, I jumped at it.

Now I need to fill out the rest of the kit and divest my old gear, which I will probably post on the SB classifieds. I bought an adapter that will let me use my Ikelite flat ports, but my new 14-30 lens is too wide to fit in the Ikelite port extension. I found that Nauticam had an adapter for the Ike modular 8-inch dome (the NA-21323), but they informed me it's been discontinued for some time. I've searched the usual marketplaces and haven't been able to find one listed (or sold). If anyone has a lead on where I might find this adapter, I would appreciate it.

Any tips or hints or suggestions moving from the Ikelite/D90 to the Nauticam/Z6 would be welcome!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom