Seaspace 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrotheaddiver:
I was only there on Saturday.....didn't I meet you ???? I thought you were with Jay_SMART_Diver from San Marcos....maybe it was someone with a similar board name...

Unfortunately it wasnt me...
Sorry I missed both you & Jay.

Next year we should all put our screen names on our nametags

well I went, my wife got the utila agressor trip saturday, but I have to agree, it was more of a travel show geared toward diving, with a smidgin of gear thrown in, terribly disapointing if you ask me, no vendors to speak of, I would think it would be more like some of the fishing shows I attend

Just talked to a local dive shop owner on thursday ... he heard that SeaSpace will make some major changes next year due to the poor performance of the 2007 show. Nothing is set in stone yet but many of our suggestions have reached the right ears ......................................

Good news - keep us posted, please. I'll consider going back down...at least for the silent auction. (Just scheduled my Spree trip from the silent auction - have yet to schedule the Fling one I also got.)

Probably still won't plan on an overnight next time though, unless the changes sound REALLY good. :wink:

RTRski:
Good news - keep us posted, please. I'll consider going back down...at least for the silent auction. (Just scheduled my Spree trip from the silent auction - have yet to schedule the Fling one I also got.)

Probably still won't plan on an overnight next time though, unless the changes sound REALLY good. :wink:
I've been on 4 Flower Gardens trips and if the weather is good then they're great dives but the Gulf can change quickly. The one thing I disliked was not having your own cabin on the boat ...... I guess Nekton has spoiled me to the point I don't like "group" sleeping quarters anymore.

I've only done the FG once so far, so getting 2 more in this season will be like Christmas for me. :wink: Haven't done any other liveaboards to compare with, but basically found that since you're only out 2-3 days, not having a 'cabin' and your own bathroom wasn't really an issue. Just thought of it like camping on the sea. Of course I've also done a few Windjammer type trips over the years which aren't much less spartan.

I'd love to do a longer liveaboard trip but the wife gets semi-claustrophobic, doesn't like feeling pinned down for too long. So the FG works since it's a way to get Caribbean quality diving without the added expense of the plane flight in a quick weekend (with the flight cost, you really want to stay longer to help spread that out), and it's not "too long" for her to be 'trapped'.

But as she's spending 5 months on a cruise ship as a chef right now, I'm kind of hoping that might get more used to it (either that or it'll push her totally over the edge the other way, heh). I'd love to do a Nekton or Cocos island trip for 7-14 days, myself, and would kind of hope I might one day be able to do so without either finding a temporary buddy and going without her (and dealing with the inevitable payback of going on vacation with my brother or someone instead of her) or replace her with another spousal model that's a bit more flexible. <ducks inevitable incoming flames>

Well we made our very wet trip from Dallas to Houston for this years show. It was my fist time attending. There were so many vendors offering all kinds of trips. I did expect to see a lot more gear. As it turned our there was very little gear. One vendor did have spear guns that were cool. Another had rebreathers and Zeagle systems were represented. The new dive site, Mammoth Lake, being built by Hydrosports had lots of good data. This dive site will open in summer of 2007. It is located in Clute, TX. When opened, it will be the largest dive specific lake in the country. There were several workshops & Seminars both Saturday & Sunday. DAN offered a class on 02 First Aid. There were 146 vendors so lots to take in. I enjoyed it and look forward to 2008.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom