Trip Report Cozumel Trip Report: April 1-10, 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$150 more to save one stop and 20 hours travel time sounds like a no-brainer to me!

$150 more to save one stop and 20 hours travel time sounds like a no-brainer to me!
Of course.
Less connection to make, less chance to miss the next flight.
Most dangerous in flying is taking off and landing so even safer with less flight to make.

I can easily find somewhere more economical to stay and save the differences. My requirement for accommodation is really modest.

Time is money after all!

Any recommendation for budget accommodation? I do not need swimming pool, internet connection, fan room with well ventilated screened window is preferred over AC anytime!

Quinta Suites for $40/nt. You'll have a 1Br small apartment with kitchen and internet and ac and great location in centro. You may not need some of the amenities but it may be hard to find anything cheaper right in centro.

Three dives a day + room + food = $240 per diving day.
6 diving days ~$1,450.
2 non diving days ~$150
Need ~ $2,900.00(all inclusive) for a 14 days trip.
I can live with that since I haven't spent any holiday money over last 15 months!

However all bet is off if I can make it to Thailand this winter.

Three dives a day + room + food = $240 per diving day.
6 diving days ~$1,450.
2 non diving days ~$150
Need ~ $2,900.00(all inclusive) for a 14 days trip.
I can live with that since I haven't spent any holiday money over last 15 months!

However all bet is off if I can make it to Thailand this winter.
You should try Palau much closer or Raja Ampat as well..............some of the best diving in world if they'll let you in to their country.

You should try Palau much closer or Raja Ampat as well..............some of the best diving in world if they'll let you in to their country.
Indonesia will be off limited for quite a while.
Palau is opened to organised group at the moment.
Have been to Maldives, Palau and Truk couple of times and with the exception of Truk has no desire to return. Diving is good but something is missing in both places. There is nothing whatsoever above water!

Centrals, those numbers sound a bit high. I bet your total would be under $2500 including tips.

Centrals, those numbers sound a bit high. I bet your total would be under $2500 including tips.
The cost of air fare and accommodation can fluctuate substantially depend on demand/seasonal. So it is better to allow certain degree of flexibility.
Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom