Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am a huge fan of marino wool. Soft and warm. I have my eye on a thicker set to go with the Seaskin. I am thinking maybe 250 or the 360 stuff on Amazon. It's l
I am a huge fan of marino wool. Soft and warm. I have my eye on a thicker set to go with the Seaskin. I am thinking maybe 250 or the 360 stuff on Amazon. It's like $110 for a set.
Yes link for Amazon please.

Yes link for Amazon please.
Do you need someone to dive the suit for you as well?

I don't get it man.. I am not trying to be offensive but damn. We have all pretty much read this thread front to back.. and undergarments are not "one size fits all". What works for me might not work for you.

Read the thread, ask what little questions might be left. Order the suit with the 250 and try it out.. layer up with more stuff if needed. If you can't do that then I'm not sure why anyone should spoon feed you every piece of info that's been posted multiple times.

Again.. not trying to be offensive.. but Google is your friend here. Do some reading over the Christmas break.

Oh... and Merry Christmas!

Insulating layers:
Base layers:
They'll make them custom sized for you as well. I ordered mine when I bought my drysuit.

Hi crew,

After having read a ton of good info on this thread, I think I'm gonna go ahead and buy my very first dry suit from Seaskin.
I was thinking to go with below config. Your views? Anything I am missing or I should reconsider?

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts!

Fully Telescopic Torso
Main Body Dry Zip Cover
YKK Plastic Dry Zip fitted into membrane drysuit (easier opening/closing of plastic zip sounds tempting)
Fitted SiTech Trigon Pee Valve (I am not sure about this one, are the other options different/better? Is the Apeks or Light Monkey "Tinkle" Balanced P-Valve worth their higher price point?)
Quick Neck system with Silflex seal
Warm Neck standard
Kubi Fitted Dry Cuff System
Neo Kubi Ring Covers
Dump Valve DIR placement
MiFlex LP Hose
Compressed Neoprene Socks
Kevlar Knee Pads (really necessary? Not sure when was the last time I sat on my knees before/during/after diving)
PU Bum Pads (Do I need this? I don't plan to sit on concrete walls a lot)
Change Mat Drysuit Bag Upgrade
2 Large Zipped Pockets
Computer Strap patches on both arms.
Elasticated Back Panel (should I get this? Not convinced)
Under garments I probably won't buy with seaskin after reading the duties on them and also as I think I might be able to pick up pre-owned under garments.

Hi crew,

After having read a ton of good info on this thread, I think I'm gonna go ahead and buy my very first dry suit from Seaskin.
I was thinking to go with below config. Your views? Anything I am missing or I should reconsider?

Fully Telescopic Torso
Main Body Dry Zip Cover
YKK Plastic Dry Zip fitted into membrane drysuit (easier opening/closing of plastic zip sounds tempting)
Fitted SiTech Trigon Pee Valve

Si tech oval and Rolock 90

Dump Valve DIR placement~
MiFlex LP Hose~

2 Large Zipped Pockets ( I only need one but…)
my changes/opinions

Hi crew,

Fully Telescopic Torso
Main Body Dry Zip Cover
Fitted SiTech Trigon Pee Valve (I am not sure about this one, are the other options different/better? Is the Apeks or Light Monkey "Tinkle" Balanced P-Valve worth their higher price point?)
Warm Neck standard
Neo Kubi Ring Covers
Dump Valve DIR placement
MiFlex LP Hose
Kevlar Knee Pads (really necessary? Not sure when was the last time I sat on my knees before/during/after diving)
2 Large Zipped Pockets
Under garments I probably won't buy with seaskin after reading the duties on them and also as I think I might be able to pick up pre-owned under garments.

Get a light monkey balanced pee valve.

Forget the miflex hose, it comes with one…

I got all the reinforcement and the knee pads because why not?

Forget the elastic back panel unless you’re a woman.

Only thing I would add is shoulder reinforcements, especially if you are diving heavy steel doubles.
Hi crew,

Fully Telescopic Torso
Main Body Dry Zip Cover
Warm Neck standard
Neo Kubi Ring Covers
Dump Valve DIR placement
MiFlex LP Hose
2 Large Zipped Pockets
Things I would add/change:
- shoulder reinforcements, especially if you are diving heavy steel doubles.
- I would also change pockets to largest ones (I think they are called expedition pockets). They lay flat when empty and no one ever complained of having too much pocket space.
- if diving with BPW, consider back panel protection.
- not sure if you added those options, but since they are not listed I'll guess you haven't: wide braces, braces pocket for your keys etc, P-hose tidy.
- IMO, elasticated back panel is not needed.

I have around 30 dives on my suit, no problems with Trigon valve so far.

This being said, chose whatever you think will work the best for you, not for me or anyone else here.

Hi crew,

Fully Telescopic Torso
Main Body Dry Zip Cover
Warm Neck standard
Neo Kubi Ring Covers
Dump Valve DIR placement
MiFlex LP Hose
2 Large Zipped Pockets
I have 3 dives on mine (so take this with that in mind), but coming from another drysuit I have some observations.

If you do get kevlar knee pads you can request to forgo the name "kevlar" in yellow. I like it better that way, looks less tacky. This is not an option, has to be requested.

Everybody has given you all good advice, just remember that these are all "add ons" and the suit will still be dry no matter what.

The only thing that I have to add would be my experience with the light monkey vs trigon p valves. I have both between the 2 suits and haven't had an issue with either that wasn't user error. The trigon is a little lower profile but the light monkey can be turned on / off from the outside. What I have been doing is letting some cleaner through and then shutting the valve off and letting it sit for ~ 20s or so. With the trigon there can't be any sitting. I find with my trigon I need to take apart and clean every ~ 6 months or so. With either you can pee... just pros and cons to either or.

I also have boots on one suit vs socks on the Seaskin. As of right now I kind of miss my boots, it was just one less thing to worry about or think about. My hope is that I get used to the socks and my tune changes in a few months... we'll see.

I love my suit... dove it today. 37f for 1hr 42m, was amazing. Used it to crawl all over the bottom of the Chesapeake in search of oysters (with my kevlar knee pads, lol). Thing is built like a tank, and feels so good in the water.

Good luck!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom