Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks great! Do you have plans to to dive it anytime soon?
Edit: Today is my dispatch date. Hopefully I’ll get some news in the next couple of days.
Thanks! I’m doing the pool portion of my drysuit cert next weekend and then Blue Hole, NM for checkout & fun dives the following weekend.

My ship date was a few days after the projected dispatch date, but it was at my door 2 days later.

My new drysuit showed up today! Ordered 10/27/23, shipped 02/06/25, paid $120.88 duty for suit & undergarment. Fit of both suits is fantastic! I didn’t opt for extra room, but it feels perfectly comfortable with the 250, and I could probably go thicker if needed without problem. Really impressed with the Kubi system, but I need to go up a size in gloves if I actually want to use the liners.
Nice!! Are those the large bellows pockets or the expedition size?

Just ordered mine last week. Dispatch date is 5/3. Any chance they come early is is 3 months kind of how it is?
My guess is that your dispatch date is derived from the number of orders they already have in the system. The latest shipments have been a few days to a week late.

Well... somewhat bad news for me over the weekend. Looks like I have a very small leak (more of a seep) in my right arm. Went oyster diving over the weekend, was under for 2hrs 4min min in 38F and when I came up the outside of my right bicep was wet. Looks like it's coming from the patch area that has my name on it.

When I say small I mean I couldn't feel it and was maybe the size of a baseball or smaller after 2 hours of diving. It was just wet, not at all soaked. I kept feeling it to see if it was really wet, but it was more wet then from the normal humidity that gets in the suit. I think I have somewhere around 67 hours on the suit underwater. I really don't think it'll be a big deal to fix. I'm not sure if I should try to heat / remove the tape that's under the patch or just put new tape / glue over it?

It's not something I plan to mess with until it gets warmer and I can air test the suit out back. It's really not that bad. And there's always a chance there was another cause for the wet spot and maybe I really don't have a leak, but I'm 90% sure I do. I'll get a few more dives before I do anything.

Well... somewhat bad news for me over the weekend. Looks like I have a very small leak (more of a seep) in my right arm. Went oyster diving over the weekend, was under for 2hrs 4min min in 38F and when I came up the outside of my right bicep was wet. Looks like it's coming from the patch area that has my name on it.

When I say small I mean I couldn't feel it and was maybe the size of a baseball or smaller after 2 hours of diving. It was just wet, not at all soaked. I kept feeling it to see if it was really wet, but it was more wet then from the normal humidity that gets in the suit. I think I have somewhere around 67 hours on the suit underwater. I really don't think it'll be a big deal to fix. I'm not sure if I should try to heat / remove the tape that's under the patch or just put new tape / glue over it?

It's not something I plan to mess with until it gets warmer and I can air test the suit out back. It's really not that bad. And there's always a chance there was another cause for the wet spot and maybe I really don't have a leak, but I'm 90% sure I do. I'll get a few more dives before I do anything.
Try using a strong lite in the suspect area in a darkened room and look for a pinhole, patch it on the inside if you find it.

Try using a strong lite in the suspect area in a darkened room and look for a pinhole, patch it on the inside if you find it.
If I could see something like that I would expect more of a leak? I can try the light, but I have my doubts. The back side of the patch area was moist with dew when I looked.

I see what they did, they sowed the patch on and then added the tape behind it. I'm pretty sure it's the patch. Tbh I even think just cleaning the area and applying a layer of glue would probably do the trick, maybe heat in between to loosen the existing glue some before applying another layer.

For the record, I am not all that delicate with my suit. Not saying it should leak within this time frame, but I do drag it through the mud, it's get's left in my vehicle sometimes. It's a nice tool, but I do use it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom