Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Apprecaite the feedback, maybe I'll rethink the pockets. Looking at pictures it seemed like they weren't super hydrodynanmic but the drysuit I used didn't have pockets and I've only one a handful of times so lot less experience that you and others.

Is there a type of pocket you'd reccomend?

The whole drysuit is not super hydrodynamic... LOL! If that is a big concern, I would suggest a Seaskin Ultra neoprene suit, really. But, even that is still not a wetsuit.

As for the specific pockets, I really like the zippered pockets better than a flap with a velcro closure. But, I seem to be in the minority on that.

And, there is only one size of zippered pocket, which is not as big as the biggest velcro-flap pocket.

I do occasionally wish my pockets were bigger.

If you go with a flap pocket, they have 4 different sizes. Personally, I would probably get the biggest. But, you might not want that.

The smallest is actually flat, when there is nothing in it. That would be your most hydrodynamic option (and still better than no pocket at all).

The next size up is flat at the bottom and should be pretty near flat, when empty. I would definitely choose that one over the one that is purely flat. But, that's me.

All 5 options for pocket type/size are really just down to personal preference.

Apprecaite the feedback, maybe I'll rethink the pockets. Looking at pictures it seemed like they weren't super hydrodynanmic but the drysuit I used didn't have pockets and I've only one a handful of times so lot less experience that you and others.

Another thing no one ever said is "I wish I had smaller pockets"

I have the zippered pockets and use them to keep my misc crap in them. DSMB with spool in the left. Backup light in the right. I throw random junk I pick up into the right pocket during the dive if I don't feel like pulling out a mesh bag. I keep a smallish mesh bag in the right as well when I know I'm treasure hunting or doing a cleanup.

Your plastic bag suit is absolutely not hydrodynamic. A little bit of material sticking off the side won't affect you at all in any noticeable amount vs just the suit itself.

You can see the zippered pockets here. Your arms create more drag than the zippers.

20230209_172429.jpg
MICR0897..jpg
received_1103124357698436.jpeg

I just watched the video posted above of the unboxing. I see the arms are folded on the outside after the suit is rolled up. I've always folded mine on the inside of the last roll (between the lower 1/2 and torso). Maybe that didn't help

The Seaskin manual says to lay the drysuit face down, roll the suit up from the feet leaving the arms out, then fold the arms gently over the neck last. It says this helps prevent folding the zipper too sharply.

Is the Si Tech tool for the Quick Neck System supposed to be included? I thought it was included but I just received the suit and the tool wasn't included.

Is the Si Tech tool for the Quick Neck System supposed to be included? I thought it was included but I just received the suit and the tool wasn't included.
Mine always have been, sometimes the small tool and other times the bigger tool that also works on the sitech valves.

Yeah, definitely not included with my suit. Did I need to put it on the order separately? I had originally had a tool in my order but deleted the tool because I thought I read on here that it was included with the Quick Neck.

One other question. There was a circular piece of material in the bag. I guess it is just a patch for a future repair?

Back
Top Bottom