Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's why I went with name patch on my pocket flap.
Though small, why take chances?
Well... some of us didn't know that was a thing, LOL.

I would still get the suit, I'd even still get the name tag on the arm. I do expect minor leaks to happen here and there. I did not expect it so soon, but close to 70 hours isn't exactly low time on it either, at least I don't think.

That's why I went with name patch on my pocket flap.
Though small, why take chances?

There are loads of stitches and seams in a drysuit. If they can't make a sewn-on patch waterproof, do you really trust them with the rest of the suit?

I just got the call that my Seaskin Ultra suit is done and ready to be shipped back to me.

They replaced the original, sewn/glued-in neoprene neck seal with an Orust system and a Waterproof neo neck seal that I provided.

They also said "I don't know what you've been doing, but there were a couple of holes in the stomach area."

Weird! But, I guess they patched them, so.... all good?

Actually, now that I say that. I've patched a couple of holes myself, in the original neck seal. Both holes were perfectly round little cutouts. Maybe 1/4" in diameter. I have wondered if the inflator nipple was getting stabbed into the neck seal or something, when it was folded up and being transported.

I wonder if the holes in the stomach are the same. Hmmmm....

I now take extra care to make sure the little rubber cover is in place on the suit inflator nipple when I take the suit off.

There are loads of stitches and seams in a drysuit. If they can't make a sewn-on patch waterproof, do you really trust them with the rest of the suit?

I just got the call that my Seaskin Ultra suit is done and ready to be shipped back to me.

They replaced the original, sewn/glued-in neoprene neck seal with an Orust system and a Waterproof neo neck seal that I provided.

They also said "I don't know what you've been doing, but there were a couple of holes in the stomach area."

Weird! But, I guess they patched them, so.... all good?

Actually, now that I say that. I've patched a couple of holes myself, in the original neck seal. Both holes were perfectly round little cutouts. Maybe 1/4" in diameter. I have wondered if the inflator nipple was getting stabbed into the neck seal or something, when it was folded up and being transported.

I wonder if the holes in the stomach are the same. Hmmmm....

I now take extra care to make sure the little rubber cover is in place on the suit inflator nipple when I take the suit off.
Well that's odd.

I would like to think / hope mine is a fluke.

I just watched the video posted above of the unboxing. I see the arms are folded on the outside after the suit is rolled up. I've always folded mine on the inside of the last roll (between the lower 1/2 and torso). Maybe that didn't help.

Maybe I left it in a hot car 1 too many times... idk. Maybe I didn't have anything to do with it and it's just bad luck. Either way, it's minor enough I'll take care of it.

Just placed my order, apprecaite all the help and advice everyone has given me along the way. Don't see an expected arrival date as I thought others have mentioned so might've missed that in the checkout process but expecting ~May 5th. Ordered some extra gloves, an extra neck seal, the 250 and 150 undersuit and their seaskin base system. This order has been a long time coming!

Seaskin Nova - Membrane Diving Drysuit
Suit and stitching: black
Fully Telescopic Torso
Allowance for extra thick undersuits
Main Body Dry Zip Cover
YKK Plastic Dry Zip fitted into membrane drysuit
Quick Neck system with Silflex seal
Warm Neck standard
Kubi Fitted Dry Cuff System
Neo Kubi Ring Covers
Move Dump (DIR)
Compressed Neoprene Socks
Aqualung Rock Boots EVO 4
Kevlar Knee Pads
PU Elbow Pads
Name Badge
NO Logos on Suit
NO Reflective Tape on Arms
Change Mat Drysuit Bag Upgrade

Just placed my order, apprecaite all the help and advice everyone has given me along the way. Don't see an expected arrival date as I thought others have mentioned so might've missed that in the checkout process but expecting ~May 5th. Ordered some extra gloves, an extra neck seal, the 250 and 150 undersuit and their seaskin base system. This order has been a long time coming!

Seaskin Nova - Membrane Diving Drysuit
Suit and stitching: black
Fully Telescopic Torso
Allowance for extra thick undersuits
Main Body Dry Zip Cover
YKK Plastic Dry Zip fitted into membrane drysuit
Quick Neck system with Silflex seal
Warm Neck standard
Kubi Fitted Dry Cuff System
Neo Kubi Ring Covers
Move Dump (DIR)
Compressed Neoprene Socks
Aqualung Rock Boots EVO 4
Kevlar Knee Pads
PU Elbow Pads
Name Badge
NO Logos on Suit
NO Reflective Tape on Arms
Change Mat Drysuit Bag Upgrade
No pockets?

No pockets?

Correct, no pockets, thanks for checking. Will be either diving with a camera or snorkeling and can't imagine bringing anything else along and don't want to be slowed down by any pockets. Also will be on river/stream beds and would rather not have anything on my legs that might get caught up on rocks.

Correct, no pockets, thanks for checking. Will be either diving with a camera or snorkeling and can't imagine bringing anything else along and don't want to be slowed down by any pockets. Also will be on river/stream beds and would rather not have anything on my legs that might get caught up on rocks.
Just my opinion but you should get a pocket, even if you don’t plan to use it, I also don’t like the warm neck and prefer the waterproof neoprene neck seal and carry the silicone as a spare.

I can't imagine anyone ever being able to tell any difference in being "slowed down" between a drysuit with no pockets and a drysuit with empty pockets.

Pretty much every cave diver has pockets. We don't get them caught up on rocks. I can't imagine getting stuck in a river because of my pockets.

I can't imagine getting pockets and regretting the decision later. Maybe you might regret which TYPE of pockets you got. But, hard to imagine ending up wishing you had gotten no pockets at all.

But, that's just one person's perspective. You do you! And enjoy your new suit.

Oh, and you don't get an estimated dispatch date during checkout. You'll get a sales confirmation email later (maybe a week?) that will have your estimated dispatch date.

I can't imagine anyone ever being able to tell any difference in being "slowed down" between a drysuit with no pockets and a drysuit with empty pockets.

Pretty much every cave diver has pockets. We don't get them caught up on rocks. I can't imagine getting stuck in a river because of my pockets.

I can't imagine getting pockets and regretting the decision later. Maybe you might regret which TYPE of pockets you got. But, hard to imagine ending up wishing you had gotten no pockets at all.

But, that's just one person's perspective. You do you! And enjoy your new suit.

Oh, and you don't get an estimated dispatch date during checkout. You'll get a sales confirmation email later (maybe a week?) that will have your estimated dispatch date.

Apprecaite the feedback, maybe I'll rethink the pockets. Looking at pictures it seemed like they weren't super hydrodynanmic but the drysuit I used didn't have pockets and I've only one a handful of times so lot less experience that you and others.

Is there a type of pocket you'd reccomend?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom