Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi all. Answers seem to be divided on the allowance for thicker undergarments. I'm hoping you can help with the following:
  • This option does not seem common for other dry-suit brands. Others do, however, offer the opposite in a "cave cut," tighter fit. Does this mean the normal Nova cut is tighter than other brands, and the extra allowance makes it closer to a regular-fitting drysuit?
  • For those who have had to use thicker undergarments with the regular cut, is it a matter of "just feels a bit tighter," or is it wholly uncomfortable/unusable?
  • If you have the extra allowance and usually wear thick undies, does it feel uncomfortable when occasionally used with less bulk? Or again, just a matter of "looser than perfect, but still fine"?
I'm looking for my first drysuit, so I am unsure which undergarments I will use here in northern California. So far, I've dived a rental Medium FE Argonaut with their thinner onesie (I think it is the "Arctic," but I am not sure), and it seems ok - but I do get a bit cold, so will likely end up wearing something thicker than that. However, my back is not getting any younger. I want to keep weight as low as possible when doing shore entries, so I favor less bulky options that require less lead. The priority is still being warm in the water, though.

Long term user thoughts, now that you’ve spent some time in the suit.

I have a little over a year. Love it. I haven't had any issues at all. I am sitting somewhere around 57 hours underwater with it.

Hi all. Answers seem to be divided on the allowance for thicker undergarments. I'm hoping you can help with the following:
  • This option does not seem common for other dry-suit brands. Others do, however, offer the opposite in a "cave cut," tighter fit. Does this mean the normal Nova cut is tighter than other brands, and the extra allowance makes it closer to a regular-fitting drysuit?
  • For those who have had to use thicker undergarments with the regular cut, is it a matter of "just feels a bit tighter," or is it wholly uncomfortable/unusable?
  • If you have the extra allowance and usually wear thick undies, does it feel uncomfortable when occasionally used with less bulk? Or again, just a matter of "looser than perfect, but still fine"?
I'm looking for my first drysuit, so I am unsure which undergarments I will use here in northern California. So far, I've dived a rental Medium FE Argonaut with their thinner onesie (I think it is the "Arctic," but I am not sure), and it seems ok - but I do get a bit cold, so will likely end up wearing something thicker than that. However, my back is not getting any younger. I want to keep weight as low as possible when doing shore entries, so I favor less bulky options that require less lead. The priority is still being warm in the water, though.

Take all measurements multiple times throughout the week. Go with the largest one. If diving cold (50's and below) get the extra room.

I have it, kind of wish I had a hair more in places, but it's an awesome suit. Take it easy the 1st few times and don't force anything.

Does SeaSkin send a notification before shipping an suit?

My sales order confirmation had a "proposed dispatched date" of 5/Jan/24, but I haven't heard anything since. For those that have received an order, how accurate was the date on your delivery.

Does SeaSkin send a notification before shipping an suit?

My sales order confirmation had a "proposed dispatched date" of 5/Jan/24, but I haven't heard anything since. For those that have received an order, how accurate was the date on your delivery.
Only got an email once it was shipped with the ups tracking#

I would be interested to hear specific answers to the above questions as well

Thanks everyone,

What the hell is 3d secure payment? My payment is rejected because I am not set up, but my bank has no idea what it is. ugh
I’ve used PayPal beginning of December and work perfectly fine. Make sure since it’s from a different country your CC provider is not flagging the transaction

I think a lot of us got 2 weeks or so pushback.
I think I got notification, but can't really remember.
Wife was certain I've got myself a mistress.
My wife says diving is my mistress.. so I feel your pain.
I’ve used PayPal beginning of December and work perfectly fine. Make sure since it’s from a different country your CC provider is not flagging the transaction
You should us a CC through PayPal and pay in GPD or whatever currency it is. PP charged a certain % to do the transfer, where the CC was much less.

Hello, what was the timeframe that the order was in processing? What is the next step in that? I ordered 2 weeks ago and both orders are still sitting in processing. Assuming it’s from the holidays.

Hello, what was the timeframe that the order was in processing? What is the next step in that? I ordered 2 weeks ago and both orders are still sitting in processing. Assuming it’s from the holidays.
They will say processing until forever...

Screenshot_20240102_071803_DuckDuckGo.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom