Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My tendons aren't very prominent but maybe just enough to let in a little water. Perhaps I had the end of the seals too close to the wrist joint so small movements at the wrist created just enough opening.

Perhaps I'll try trimming the seals back just a little bit then donning the arms and submerging my wrist in a bathtub and moving my wrist around to see if I get any leaks.
If you can get your wrists to fit without cutting, don't cut. More often people regret it later. Try the bathtub without cutting 1st, although not a lot of pressure there.

I've had far less issues with the silicone seals, particularly with wet gloves with snug wrists I've had them roll the seal slightly so they weep in. I'd try as they are in a bucket with no gloves, and see what happens when you make a loose fist and roll your wrist around. If no leaks, it was probably your wetglove affecting it or pushing it back. Don't try and force it, you can make any seal leak if you clench your fist tight and flex enough, but thats not a realistic movement underwater.

Rich

I have a couple dives in now. It is more buoyant than I expected. After the second dive, I started feeling a little chilly, but not bad. The wrist seals are untrimmed and no problem at all. I have a pretty big neck. The neck seal got trimmed a bit. I was expecting it to be too tight still, since I only tried it a little. It was fine. The only leak I got was user error.

Back
Top Bottom