Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you find these are larger than the 720's? My one complaint (because I'm a man and don't care about color😁🤷‍♂️) is they're a little too small with a thick liner.

I use the same superlube on just about everything (except O2 stuff as noted). Zippers, seals, etc.
The nitrile is just ever so slightly thicker, smoother and slightly grippier. The gloves themselves fit nearly identically. As near as I can tell, the 710 and 720 are the same gloves, with the 710 getting a smoother grippier foamed nitrile surface and the 720 getting a slightly more textured nonfoamed blue nitrile surface.

From the wrist back, the are absolutely identical, even the coating.

If only one or the other were available, I would be perfectly happy with either, but next time you're putting in an order to somewhere like Zoro, consider tossing in a pair of CS710 and see what you think. I like them. In both cases, I've found that going up in size doesn't make the fingers ridiculously longer, so going up a size to accommodate a thicker liner is a reasonable option. Some gloves add like a half inch to the fingers when you go up a size, and floppy fingertips are a peeve.

I use the same superlube on just about everything (except O2 stuff as noted). Zippers, seals, etc.

Do you have the brass or plastic zipper? If plastic, do you use the superlube on that too (just putting a little on the dock, not coating the entire zipper like you do for a brass zipper)?

The nitrile is just ever so slightly thicker, smoother and slightly grippier. The gloves themselves fit nearly identically. As near as I can tell, the 710 and 720 are the same gloves, with the 710 getting a smoother grippier foamed nitrile surface and the 720 getting a slightly more textured nonfoamed blue nitrile surface.

From the wrist back, the are absolutely identical, even the coating.

If only one or the other were available, I would be perfectly happy with either, but next time you're putting in an order to somewhere like Zoro, consider tossing in a pair of CS710 and see what you think. I like them. In both cases, I've found that going up in size doesn't make the fingers ridiculously longer, so going up a size to accommodate a thicker liner is a reasonable option. Some gloves add like a half inch to the fingers when you go up a size, and floppy fingertips are a peeve.
I'd give them a shot, I think I have like 8 pairs of 720's left, so it'll be a bit:) I wear XXL as it is, can't go any bigger.

Do you have the brass or plastic zipper? If plastic, do you use the superlube on that too (just putting a little on the dock, not coating the entire zipper like you do for a brass zipper)?
I should have specified, I have a plastic zip. I only use a dab at the docking end and even then I think I've done it maybe 4 times in 2 years. I should probably do it again soon, thanks for the reminder!

I use whatever zipper lube I have or cheap motel bar soap on brass. @Tracy was the one who came up with the soap, just giving credit where credit is due. It works great though.

I use Showa 720's. Very cheap good glove. They're not too thick but thick enough that they won't spin. Sometimes it will spin the ring in the suit vs unlocking but I can always spin it back the other way.

Hope that helps. The 720's are mostly what people use. I know @lexvil likes to switch things up, but he's just playing around because of his scuba ADHD and the need to try different.🙄🤣
Yeah, I should get a pair of those. If nothing else then for testing, even if I don't fancy going full smurf.

I use Showa 3415 and or 620 ESD, because they are black. I find blue gloves offensive or maybe it’s just the people that use them :wink:

I really don’t like the blue 720 but only for the color otherwise they are excellent gloves and should be your first choice.
Yep, my motivation for picking the black latex was the colour. I have a yellow/black suit, so adding blue gloves is quite a combination. But if works I'll go for it.
I didn't find 620 ESD online, I saw 620 in orange or a 660 ESD in black. I'm pretty tempted to try those as well. At least a few pairs of trial and error from a generic workwear company will still cost less than buying one pair of gloves from a scuba supplier.

CS720 gloves are great as mentioned above. I've switched to Showa CS710 gloves. I find the thin grey nitrile outer layer is a big grippier and I find that helpful for things like palming a spool. Not gonna lie, I also prefer the grey to the fully smurf CS720, but that's secondary. They also happen to fit my hand shape and size really well compared to others I've tried. Just enough stretch to be tactile when pulled over the appropriate size liner.
These also sound like a good option, thanks.

Yeah, I should get a pair of those. If nothing else then for testing, even if I don't fancy going full smurf.

Yep, my motivation for picking the black latex was the colour. I have a yellow/black suit, so adding blue gloves is quite a combination. But if works I'll go for it.
I didn't find 620 ESD online, I saw 620 in orange or a 660 ESD in black. I'm pretty tempted to try those as well. At least a few pairs of trial and error from a generic workwear company will still cost less than buying one pair of gloves from a scuba supplier.

These also sound like a good option, thanks.
Yes 660 ESD, zoro has good deals on gloves but you sometimes have to be clever with wording when searching the site.

I have a yellow/black suit, so adding blue gloves is quite a combination. But if works I'll go for it.
Blue gloves and a yellow suit sounds pretty fantastic, but then you might have to mount your cutting device(s) on the back of your hand to complete the look.
1726609714928.png

Back
Top Bottom