Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seems like there isn’t consistency with the SS undergarments if they are indeed MTM. Mine are pretty snug up in the crotch.
Email or call and ask them about it. Verify you transposed your measurements to the UG correctly as well.

Email or call and ask them about it. Verify you transposed your measurements to the UG correctly as well.
They aren’t so snug to be uncomfortable. It would just be a little bit easier to get it off my shoulders if I had a tad more room down there…I think.

I've got a longer torso and shorter legs, and I've never met a snowsuit or coveralls that fits both top and bottom, so I figure 2pc are my only good options for undergarments. A large 4E arctic with a large short legs fit well enough, with only a few inches of overlap.

I didn't even want to gamble on the SS undergarments, especially when it looks like that's where most of the duty costs are applied. Should have the drysuit in 2-3 weeks, fingers crossed their MTM shell is close enough for comfort.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but if you could use some midweight undergarments like Arctic, there is a new 2024 version out now, and the previous-gen Arctics are discounted by almost $100 at quite a few online retailers.

I've got a longer torso and shorter legs, and I've never met a snowsuit or coveralls that fits both top and bottom, so I figure 2pc are my only good options for undergarments. A large 4E arctic with a large short legs fit well enough, with only a few inches of overlap.

I didn't even want to gamble on the SS undergarments, especially when it looks like that's where most of the duty costs are applied. Should have the drysuit in 2-3 weeks, fingers crossed their MTM shell is close enough for comfort.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but if you could use some midweight undergarments like Arctic, there is a new 2024 version out now, and the previous-gen Arctics are discounted by almost $100 at quite a few online retailers.
The made to measure aspect AND price of the SS undergarments makes them perfect for people like you and me. I'm almost 6' tall but have a 30" inseam. I sit taller than people who are 6'2 (other family). Long torso and short legs makes clothing fun...

I didn't want to order Seaskins either; mainly because I saw a few reviews where they didn't like the fit. Also, like you, I wanted a two piece set. I purchased a set of the old version Arctics when they went on sale from Scuba.com. Unfortunately, the Arctic top had a very odd fit at the neck and the pants were a bit snug. I ended up sending them back and recently ordered Seaskin 150s. Hopefully, they will fit okay.

@JoeTPhilly What's the expected delivery on just undergartments? Also 3 Months?

My next email will contain the question, witch side on and witch side along is.

My guess is, along is the side you see when the zipper is closed. I can imagine lube on the connecting elements can interfere with the sealing function of the zipper.
I've forgotten to give a feedback on my 2nd e-mail. YKK've explained along the zipper is the edge of the zipper. The lube shouldn't be on the full area of the (closed*) plastic Aquasel zipper.

*that's how i interpret their answer

(...) vielen Dank für Ihr Feedback.

Es wird empfohlen, das Schmiermittel entlang der Reißverschluss-Elemente (am Rand der Elemente) aufzutragen, und nicht direkt (ganzflächig) auf die Elemente aufzutragen.

Bei Fragen stehen wir Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards,

XXXXXXXX
- Marketing –

YKK DEUTSCHLAND GmbH
(...)

Back
Top Bottom