Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since this thread has become the de facto clearinghouse for dry suit related questions, I’d like to know how you secure your dry suit inflator hose in case case it pops off the inflator valve and flys off behind you (specifically for BP/W).
Route it under your shoulder and between your body and the harness/shoulder strap.

Since this thread has become the de facto clearinghouse for dry suit related questions, I’d like to know how you secure your dry suit inflator hose in case case it pops off the inflator valve and flys off behind you (specifically for BP/W).

I wonder what others have experienced, but my 150g undergarment is really hard to get off. I wish they’d left another inch or so in the crotch area to facilitate this.
Under your left arm and strap, then to the inflator. It won't go flying anywhere once on unless you're dicking with it for some reason.

The undergarments fit wonderfully. Full open zip and pull it on like the drysuit. Extra material in the butt to prevent pulling when reaching down, not much extra in length to prevent sloppy fit. That's my experience with both my 150 and 250.

Under your left arm and strap, then to the inflator. It won't go flying anywhere once on united you're dicking with it for some reason.
And I was also taught that with this routing you can connect it to your suit before putting your left arm into your harness. Makes it easier to know the hose is in the correct place and that you haven't forgotten to connect it.

Does anyone know how the 150s stack up against 4E Arctics from a warmth perspective? I have a 43 deg dive this weekend and that's the coldest I've ever done, so debating about which set I should take with me.

Does anyone know how the 150s stack up against 4E Arctics from a warmth perspective? I have a 43 deg dive this weekend and that's the coldest I've ever done, so debating about which set I should take with me.
The 250 is closer to the 4E, but still not as warm I think. I've dove the 150 down to 43 in Neah Bay and was fine. I recently started using my 250 in 47/48 and it's pretty nice. My only dislike is the additional bulk and added weight, but the warmth nice.

The 250 is closer to the 4E, but still not as warm I think. I've dove the 150 down to 43 in Neah Bay and was fine. I recently started using my 250 in 47/48 and it's pretty nice. My only dislike is the additional bulk and added weight, but the warmth nice.
So wait, just to confirm you're saying the 4E Arctics are warmer than the 150s? the feel about the same in bulk to me so it's hard to tell.

So wait, just to confirm you're saying the 4E Arctics are warmer than the 150s? the feel about the same in bulk to me so it's hard to tell.
That's what I've heard. I don't have anything to compare it to personally. I run pretty warm so I'm not the best person to base subjective things like this on.

And I was also taught that with this routing you can connect it to your suit before putting your left arm into your harness. Makes it easier to know the hose is in the correct place and that you haven't forgotten to connect it.

I have the 250, 4E Arctics, and 4E Halo 3D. I think it goes Arctics, 250, and then Halo 3D in order of warmth.

The 4E stuff is a lot less bulky, it is more dense. So while the 250 is bulky it will compress a good bit. I find the 4E stuff easier to dive and more comfortable overall.

I really need to give the 250 another shot as it's been a while but I still think I'll like the 4E better.

They also have a newer Halo AR that is supposed to be as thin as the Arctics but as warm as the 3D. That sounds amazing, but it's out of my price range:(

I wonder what others have experienced, but my 150g undergarment is really hard to get off. I wish they’d left another inch or so in the crotch area to facilitate this.
Mine is exactly the opposite. I feel like I have about one inch extra crotch space.

Mine is exactly the opposite. I feel like I have about one inch extra crotch space.
Seems like there isn’t consistency with the SS undergarments if they are indeed MTM. Mine are pretty snug up in the crotch.

Back
Top Bottom