Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I opened it and dusted it with talc, just want it to be perfect :) Also, all I have got for zipper is bees wax. Can I use it on plastic zipper?

No, plastic zipper gets some type of silicone. Have to look it up to be sure. I think seaskin just sends a generic package when they ship a suit out. I only got beeswax as well (but got silicone with the Rolock90's). It's not a huge deal to not lube the docking port right away, just get to it in a dive or 3.

You would hate how I treat my suit. 1st dive was a muck dive and I always end up with something on it coming out, lol. Leaves, dirt, debris... it's just a suit.

I opened it and dusted it with talc, just want it to be perfect :) Also, all I have got for zipper is bees wax. Can I use it on plastic zipper?

I wouldn't.

Seaskin suits are supposed to come with the correct lube for the type of zipper installed. My Nova came with the correct TiZip (I think) lube for my TiZip (I think) plastic zipper. My Ultra came with a bar of wax for its metal zipper.

You can definitely dive it without lubing the zipper first. I dived my Nova for about 6 months without lubing the zipper, on the assumption that it would have come lubed from the factory. Then I finally lubed it and it was SO much easier to open/close that I knew then that it was not lubed from the factory.

I'd be careful about using generic silicone on it. I'm not SURE if the manufacturer's lube is silicone or not. But, I HAVE been told that if you get silicone on your trilam suit material, it will make it where the material will not accept glue in that spot any more. I.e. if you get silicone lube on your trilam material, Aquaseal won't stick to it there anymore. Or, at least, it's a huge pain to scrub it clean enough that Aquaseal will stick to it. All of which can be a real pain if you need to patch a hole.

Seaskin uses YKK plastic zips but with that or TiZip you just lightly lube the docking end.

Tried it today......fit was very good and didn't feel restricted. This is with Seaskin 250 Undersuit.

20230304_154113_br.png

Tried it today......fit was very good and didn't feel restricted. This is with Seaskin 250 Undersuit.

View attachment 772698
Your head doesnt match your body:wink:

Good looking suit. I wish they had more colors.

Disclaimer: I have no data to back this up. I have no personal experience to back this up. It makes no sense that it would be true.

I have read on more than one occasion that the blue Silflex neck and wrist seals are thinner than the black ones and, thus, more easily torn. As in read posts by people - not read in any official documentation.

I noticed @Jatinder's pic looks like he has the blue neck seal. So, just FYI.

Disclaimer: I have no data to back this up. I have no personal experience to back this up. It makes no sense that it would be true.

I have read on more than one occasion that the blue Silflex neck and wrist seals are thinner than the black ones and, thus, more easily torn. As in read posts by people - not read in any official documentation.

I have both blue and black siflex wrist and neck seals on hand... in small and regular sizes...they appear to be the exact same thicknessto the eye and hand, although admittedly I didn't bust out the micrometer to confirm.

Thanks @stuartv , I got black ones as spares. To me black ones do feel thicker than blue ones.....could be just me.

I have both blue and black siflex wrist and neck seals on hand... in small and regular sizes...they appear to be the exact same thicknessto the eye and hand, although admittedly I didn't bust out the micrometer to confirm.

Thanks @stuartv , I got black ones as spares. To me black ones do feel thicker than blue ones.....could be just me.

Y'all aren't THAT far apart. You should get together and compare thicknesses...

Back
Top Bottom