Review Seaskin Nova drysuit review - ladies' POV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To be fair on this thread the advice she gives about add on protective, which I am generally against as unnecessary and the tendency of these adding to repair difficulty, more specific about short people issues, something I cannot relate to.
This thread is useful in its intended form, but it is being derailed with unnecessary side conversations about "why would I read 200+ pages of something, answer me now" stuff.

This thread is useful in its intended form, but it is being derailed with unnecessary side conversations about "why would I read 200+ pages of something, answer me now" stuff.
It’s sort of helpful for those who don’t want to read to understand how, 1. A thread can ballon to hundreds of pages and 2. SB :)

Ultimately, I replaced it with an after-market SiTech contaminated water valve -- also a game-changer.
Why so? This is the first I've heard about that valve, and I realise it's designed to make it extra unlikely for water to enter. Is it also better in some other way, or do you find the "normal" SiTech valve problematic in letting in too much water?

What - you mean after 234 pages anyone can remember what it was all about?:D

The sort of slightly depressing reality is that if it's your 1st drysuit or even 1st Seaskin drysuit, you'll likely wish that you did some things different after you get it. So you can read 234 pages and be ~ 95% happy like most of us, or don't read any and be ~ 50% happy, LOL.

Either way it'll keep you dry, but there are a lot of options to sift through.

• If you have small feet (e.g. I wear a Women's 6.5), you will want to go with a neoprene sock vs. a tech boot, for two reasons: (1) when you invert your suit to dry the insides, the neoprene sock option makes this aspect of routine maintenance so much easier; (2) when you wear well-fitted rock boots over the neoprene sock, the fit on your feet is just that much better, and you'll mitigate floaty feet situations as a result.
What boots are you using? I also have short feet and have had some issues finding appropriately fitting boots.

That would take them out of context.
13 comments out of 234 pages I sure they would be out of context, but it would still separate the wheat from the chafe, since the one thing we all agree on is no one is going to read a 234 page book to get the 13 good comments.
Another vote for even an executive summary. With all the SB members here buying the Sealskin suits, I am surprised no one has contacted Sealskin about getting a discount code for SB.

13 comments out of 234 pages I sure they would be out of context, but it would still separate the wheat from the chafe, since the one thing we all agree on is no one is going to read a 234 page book to get the 13 good comments.
Another vote for even an executive summary. With all the SB members here buying the Sealskin suits, I am surprised no one has contacted Sealskin about getting a discount code for SB.
First rule of scubaboard, don’t take everything literally and second, don’t talk about scubaboard :)

I am surprised no one has contacted Sealskin about getting a discount code for SB.
Where was this idea before we all ordered our suits??

Where was this idea before we all ordered our suits??
About 9 +- years ago I was one of the few in the U.S. using a Seaskin I never worried about a discount but I did hope to talk them into a front zip neoprene model, no go so just bought a replacement nova :( which I love but a front zip neo…

About 9 +- years ago I was one of the few in the U.S. using a Seaskin I never worried about a discount but I did hope to talk them into a front zip neoprene model, no go so just bought a replacement nova :( which I love but a front zip neo…
I had read somewhere (have no idea where) they were working on a front zip, but who knows...

I would love to get a less expensive front zip for muck diving

Back
Top Bottom