Scubastore.com issue (resolved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dumpster, just out of curiosity, are the prices really worth ordering from spain to the US? Compared to Scubatoys who are much closer (shipping will be faster and less costly). I can understand for Europeans, but for people on the American continent?

Just curious!:coffee:
If you want to order Scubapro or Atomic gear online, there is, as far as I know, no competing website. ScubaToys can sell you an Atomic regulator, but can only ship it within their territory.

I needed to buy a new dive computer for my wife, since her old one (3yrs old) quit working. After we both researched which computer to buy, we decided to go with the Galileo Sol. We checked with our LDS, the price was stupid 2,000.00 before tax.

Thanks to this site I learned about Scubastore. I spent a lot of time checking out Scubastore/ Diveinn. Including SP's web site. I decided to take a chance on them using PayPal. They answered my E-mail questions about their service and product in a timely manner. After my order was placed I was advised that the Galileo Sol wouldn't be available until the following week and if this was a problem they would refund my money. I told Patrcia B. I could wait a week. As promised I was notified that my order was being sent. Three days later I received the GS.

It arrived just as described. I immediately ordered one more as you know I had to have one. There prices fluctuate so I won't list what I paid. But it was a little more than half the price of my LDS. A friend purchased Four of these units from our LDS for his wife and kids. I donÃÕ have the heart to tell him about SS. I will buy more from them they saved us a lot of money. Thanks SS.

P.S. I have purchased from Scuba Toys, first rate to, Leisure Pro is also great.

Dumpster, just out of curiosity, are the prices really worth ordering from spain to the US? Compared to Scubatoys who are much closer (shipping will be faster and less costly). I can understand for Europeans, but for people on the American continent?

Just curious!:coffee:
I've used scubastore.com a few times and never had a problem, though never needed to return anything. In fact they did just gift me some small merchandise (and sent free replacements) where I disputed whether a part was stainless steel or not - don't recall if that was at root my mistake or theirs. I found them responsive to questions. When the dollar was stronger vs the Euro they indeed were cheaper on many things and of course have many things that aren't easy to find stateside if at all. Their SS spearshaft prices for instance were way better than what I could find here. With the slide in the dollar and the recent proliferation of stateside online merchandise, I guess it's a case by case analysis.

What about the warranty issue related to items such as Scubapro, Atomic etc. I also note that their prices can be as low as half of the RRP.

I would definitely recommend: http://www.gardencovedivers.com for Atomic gear. Captain Larry, the owner is absolutely the best sales person I know. He patiently explains the pros and cons of any item, has great customer service and sells Atomic. He is a dealer for them so there is a full warranty and great prices too on all his gear, Akona, Sherwood, Tolis etc.

Garv

I have been purchasing gear from ScubaStore for a few years now. They carry the Apeks regs that I LOVE. Their delivery has been outstanding. I have received my regs in 3-4 days. Coming from Spain, that is impressive. I once bought a reg from them that was out of stock and they upgraded me free of charge. When I have called with issues they are resolved to my satisfaction. I have however had very poor service from Scuba.com. They have serious delays in the shipping of their products and have charged me fees for trying to get it within 10 days. I have tried on 3 separate occasions to use their service and have had to cancel each time. The support people were rude and uninterested. I hope others have had a better experience, but after 3 strikes with them, I'm out. Thank you Scubastore for years of outstanding service. I do have a question for them if they are reading. Now that DHL is not delivering in the US anymore, will that cause a delay in future deliveries to the US?

I have however had very poor service from Scuba.com. They have serious delays in the shipping of their products and have charged me fees for trying to get it within 10 days. I have tried on 3 separate occasions to use their service and have had to cancel each time. The support people were rude and uninterested. I hope others have had a better experience, but after 3 strikes with them, I'm out.

Scuba.com sucks. You never know what is really coming in the package, and when it's nothing at all like what you ordered you can expect to pay *most* of the return shipping and insurance. The customer support is piss poor, and it seems they have an awefully hard time figuring out what is in stock when they get around to it. No way in hell I would order from them again.

Never, ever had a problem anywhere else online (Scubatoys, ScubaStore, LP, Divesports)...

if I order an atomic reg set will it still have the warranty?

if I order an atomic reg set will it still have the warranty?

Yes if you buy from Garden Cove Divers, Florida. They are an Atomic Dealer. Prices and service are great. I would highly recommend.

Larry Triago, owner and Jet Blue Piloten

Good luck and enjoy,
Garvelous
Los Alamitos CA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom