Resolved - shipping fee at Piranha Dive Manufacturing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I made my first purchase here and was a bit surprised by the high shipping fees they charge. They were the only place I could find colored cam straps otherwise I would have shopped elsewhere.
My order was $80 and the package weighed about 3 lbs. I was charged almost $29. Even from Florida to California, USPS flat rates are viable. The USPS padded envelope they used cost $11 flat rate (up to 70 lbs). I had requested UPS ground as USPS is not as reliable here. I felt the UPS option could compensate a bit for the cost but they didn’t use UPS as requested.
Their website says shipping fees may be refunded but I have not gotten any message from them regarding a refund.
Ultimately I was refunded about $13. It took my credit card a while to reflect it but it did happen so I am happy to say I would order again.

Ultimately I was refunded about $13. It took my credit card a while to reflect it but it did happen so I am happy to say I would order again.
Thanks for the update.

Can the Title of this be edited to say "RESOLVED"?

A new reader has to go a long ways in the thread to see it wasn't an issue at all. Damage is done by the title alone...

Got it, thank you for reporting this.
Excellent. Thank you both.

My $10 flat rate that was charged $35 was refunded but not until I called Randy. His first reply was that his assistant Jody should have refunded already. When I told him it was not I got a refund the next day and an email apology from Jody that said my refund sheet had been misplaced.

I ordered from Piranha again yesterday and my order shipped today along with a shipping refund.

My barely-shaken faith in Piranha is back in full force!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom