Scubapro Sintered Metal Filters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm an MK20 man these days :)
That's good to hear. I know someone who has one he's willing to sell real cheap. PM me if interested.

I finally got my order
How do the SG filters compare to the SP filters in size, appearance, and cost?
TIA & Happy New Year.

For a regulator I'm selling as rebuilt, I always replace the filter. For my personal regulators if the filter looks like it needs cleaning-I toss it. If it looks clean, I clean it anyway in the ultrasonic cleaner.

I use this replacement philosophy also.
Did some reading on sintered filters, in general, not just regs. One thing of note was that it may take prolonged ultrasonic times to clean the filter well inside the metal matrix. It's also quite possible to contaminate it. I gather that for cleaning them a nice fresh warm batch of 50:50 vinegar might do for maybe 30", followed by a blowing it out well and then maybe another ultrasonic rinse with fresh clean water.

Don't think a prolonged ultrasonic session in vinegar can do any damage to them, unlike a reg. Any other input on this possible cleaning method?

I've seen some sintered filters turn copper colored after a mild vinegar bath-others seem untouched.

I would guess different metals used in the construction.
I knew what it was 'called', and of course what they looked like, but really didn't know anything much beyond that. So I did a bit of reading. Interesting. Used in all kinds of applications.
Sintered Metal Filters: The Ultimate Guide | Filson Filter

How do the SG filters compare to the SP filters in size, appearance, and cost?
TIA & Happy New Year.
I'll take apart one of my regs after this weekend and post a few comparison photos. I can't compare on cost. Since I'm not a dealer scubapro won't sell me parts directly. I can tell you that buying filters and a few other parts is a hell of a lot cheaper than paying some shop for service...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom