Trident filter numbers for scubapro 1st???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ECpirates96

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking at the Trident AA70 and A176 filters for my Scubapro 1st stages. MK 16,17,2 & 25. I think everyone here said the A176 was the way to go and they fit. Is that correct?

I doubt it.
The yoke retainer has an opening of 12.7 mm (diameter) for the flange and the clip, and 7.7 mm (diameter) for the body of the filter. The Trident parts would be a poor fit, if they fit at all.
Until someone comes up with a good substitute, I've great luck in cleaning up used filters, ultrasonic and vinager. Of course you shouldn't do that, or else you'll die. :D

I believe the A219 will work fine. But I also tend to clean and reuse filters unless I can see a problem.

Yep, the A219 could have been a nice candidate... until Trident remove it from their 2011 catalog. :depressed:

Yep, the A219 could have been a nice candidate... until Trident remove it from their 2011 catalog. :depressed:

Bummer. Another option is to use the flat filter (AA71). I believe they will work even in the retainers designed to accept the cone filter. Add the oring on the inside to seal it and the star washer to hold it

Here are the measurements in millimeters of an old style yoke retainer. The new style should be about the same:

Air%20Filter%20V3.1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom