Closed (Sold) XXL (Red) Tan-Delta Hockey Force Fin (Possible Trades)

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

-JD-

Eclecticist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I love my FF Pros and they will stay with me. The Hockeys are neat, but they just aren't the right match for how I'm diving now.

FFs in the "Tan-Delta" material are higher-performance than the standard polyurethane (besides being: no-longer available, very hard to find - especially in the Hockey version, and looking great!)

VG Condition - surface scuffing from use - Check the pics ...

$425 + UPS insured shipping (or meet up if practical).

I'll consider trades (with offsets as agreed) for:
  • Tan-Delta Force Fin variants in XXL (possibly XL)
  • ScubaPro Mk11T (Titanium) DIN 1st stage
  • Atomic 2nd-generation 2nd-stage(s)
  • ScubaPro S620Ti or S620 X-Ti 2nd-stage(s)
  • Perdix AI or Perdix 2
  • VDH Argonaut 35# wing
  • Compressor Filter Tower
20240131_133630.jpg

20240131_133734.jpg

20240131_133654.jpg

I'm interested. We could meet up near Philly. I'll DM you.

How do these compare to the pro, and do they frog kick well?

How do these compare to the pro, and do they frog kick well?
They have a totally different feel than the pros. The Hockey blade has much more thickness compared to the pros with less width and more length.

Pros don't "Frog" well IMO - they do ankle-scull surprisingly well but spill/collapse with a hard frog-push as they are optimized for power in the down-stroke. The Hockeys have a "stiffer" but dynamic feel and support frog nicely, but are not a big flat paddle either.

Whereas the Pros you can flutter (short/fast) efficiently and effectively all day long, the more concentrated mass of the hockey makes the effort more but with more punch and follow-through. It rewards a longer/slower stroke than the Pros for general flutter but is also really great for bursting!

If I was in a place where I could still dive locally, they would definitely stay in the rotation. But I have become radically over-finned - Selling my Eddys, too.

I expected that performance, just looking at the design, the pros were good for fast transit but the curves work against frog kicks. I feel you about the over finned thing and with the supernova/S tek I’m rarely using anything else, many fins being used only for laps in my pool during warm weather.

it looks like you have a buyer already.

Back
Top Bottom