Scubapro Seawing (Super)Nova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

broke at the hinge, one standard pair and two gorilla.
So, since you haven't said if they wore out with expected life, I take it you are saying that is a weak spot and they broke early. Did you like them so much you bought 3 sets, or one was a warranty?

Good to know that it is a weak spot, I was going to pick up a set.

My Tusas have a couple hundred dives on them and are going strong even though I take them apart often.

So, since you haven't said if they wore out with expected life, I take it you are saying that is a weak spot and they broke early. Did you like them so much you bought 3 sets, or one was a warranty?

Good to know that it is a weak spot, I was going to pick up a set.

My Tusas have a couple hundred dives on them and are going strong even though I take them apart often.
When they first came out there was a reluctance to replace them but when many were failing at the hinge they redesigned them and started replacing without argument. The redesign helped but they can and do still fail, I may use them more than many people and found them to be very versatile all around fins, I still have a set used for free diving but I’m almost 100% using jets for cold water again. I would like to see these in person and even try them but I’m unlikely to layout any money for the privilege. They look like a nice concept and could pack well for travel.

When they first came out there was a reluctance to replace them but when many were failing at the hinge they redesigned them and started replacing without argument. The redesign helped but they can and do still fail, I may use them more than many people and found them to be very versatile all around fins, I still have a set used for free diving but I’m almost 100% using jets for cold water again. I would like to see these in person and even try them but I’m unlikely to layout any money for the privilege. They look like a nice concept and could pack well for travel.
Yes. The original Seawings did have issues. I have over 300 dives on my 2 year old Seawing Gorrillas and they still perform like new.

I never dive full foot fins, would never consider these fins an advantage. For all my kicks I doubt the Novas/Gorillas would be competitive with my Diverite XTs

I am excited about these, since I have been thinking about getting the nova’s :) , what I find odd is that these fins are now available in Europe (Spain and UK websites…maybe others), but there has not been an official release from Scuba Pro? There is not one proper info about these fins on their website ? Odd?

I am excited about these, since I have been thinking about getting the nova’s :) , what I find odd is that these fins are now available in Europe (Spain and UK websites…maybe others), but there has not been an official release from Scuba Pro? There is not one proper info about these fins on their website ? Odd?

DAN magazine has a full page ad for these in their latest mag aimed at US divers.

They look like a disaster in waiting but interesting in concept, easy to pack for travel if they come apart easily but that leads back to that disaster part.
Your right, been done several times and the same results.

DAN magazine has a full page ad for these in their latest mag aimed at US divers.
yes, but why dont they post more information or videos about it? Especially since it’s already for sale in Europe. I am not bothered by the way you can take them apart, it depends on how well that is designed, and no need to detach if you don’t need to. Also, the tusa has the same feature, haven’t seen any failures on that….

A DM lent me a pair of novas last year when my fin strap broke on a a Liveaboard. I couldn’t believe how poorly they performed. In strong current conditions I felt lowered power! Made me believe that if you advertise enough you get top reviews for an overrated product. Try them first before buying

They look like a disaster in waiting but interesting in concept, easy to pack for travel if they come apart easily but that leads back to that disaster part.

So you changed your mind now??

🤪

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom