Scubapro Seawing (Super)Nova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joris Vd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone,

has anyone seen any releases, or read anything about the Scubapro Seawing Supernova's?

it seems to be a new model they are releasing, but I've not seen any communication anywhere?
1640002904109.png

1640002924807.png

It seems to be convertible from full foot to open heel.
1640002947145.png

Interesting concept in beefing up the siderails on the blade for better frog kicking I presume? But I'm not sure how I feel about the hyflex-style hinge system.

Anyone had a chance to test them out yet out of the public's eye?

They look like a disaster in waiting but interesting in concept, easy to pack for travel if they come apart easily but that leads back to that disaster part.

They look like a disaster in waiting but interesting in concept, easy to pack for travel if they come apart easily but that leads back to that disaster part.
The weird thing to me is the fact they are doing this weird removable blade concept, which was something you saw with some fins in the late sixties sometimes, but never really caught on ... That's not evening mentioning the fact the dynamics of a full foot fin are completely different than a booted fin..

That modularity might allow different sizes and stiffnesses of blade without producing and distributing every possible permutation. Doubt they can make the mechanical joint light and durable enough to make it worth it though. I wish Scubapro the best but I think I’ll wait for others to take the risk here.

Gimmicky, IYAM.

I have taken apart my Tusa Switch fins (easily) for many trips since I have had them with no issues.
And I wore out 3 pair of nova’s that weren’t intended to come apart…

By saying wore out, do you mean that you got your expected life out of them or that they wore out/broke early?

I have taken apart my Tusa Switch fins (easily) for many trips since I have had them with no issues.
By saying wore out, do you mean that you got your expected life out of them or that they wore out/broke early?
broke at the hinge, one standard pair and two gorilla.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom