Scubapro Seawing Nova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can frog kick with them. The fin has a pleating that allows a 45 degree angle on the down stroke but a smaller degree on the up stroke so they remain fairly stiff. I had no problems whatsoever while trying them out today. Of course, if you can, try before you buy at your LDS. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I just had a chance to look at these in the flesh this weekend. I was startled to find out about the bungee cord heel straps. Scuba Pro is suppose to have a lifetime warranty on their products.

I don't think that if the straps fail and the fins go to the bottom that they covered by the Scuba Pro warranty?

I emailed Scubapro today about registering the fins. They have no serial number on the like the twin jets....

I work at a dive shop so I got to try these fins out at the pool today, normally I LOVE scubapro stuff, but these weren't that great. I have a pair or Atomic split fins (which are virtually the same as twin jet max), I counted kick cycles across the pool both underwater and above water with each type of fin and my splits beat out the seawings by a couple kicks each time. The seawings weren't just less efficient, they weren't as comfortable either. I'd definitely get a pair of twin jet max fins if you're gonna spend that kinda money.

I tested these fins about 3 weeks ago. They're alot faster than the force fins. Very comfortable & they float! So no worry's about them sinking..
I have ordered a pair, only to find that the fins are back-ordered & won't be available until November. I called Scuba-pro & they confirmed that they out until Nov...

After testing the fins a couple weeks ago and shaking some money out of the tree, I sent in e-mail to my LDS to get a pair in for me. I'm hoping you are wrong CaboJim (probably not) and I get them by my Oct 29th dive trip. If not, I might be able to convince the shop to let me use their demo pair. It would be very nice to try them in Key Largo.

Maybe your LDS has stock on these. Last word is November 3rd availability...

Maybe your LDS has stock on these. Last word is November 3rd availability...

Nope - I know they don't have stock, they just had the one demo pair on hand.

Nope - I know they don't have stock, they just had the one demo pair on hand.

Demo pair have red bungee straps?

I work at a dive shop so I got to try these fins out at the pool today, normally I LOVE scubapro stuff, but these weren't that great. I have a pair or Atomic split fins (which are virtually the same as twin jet max), I counted kick cycles across the pool both underwater and above water with each type of fin and my splits beat out the seawings by a couple kicks each time. The seawings weren't just less efficient, they weren't as comfortable either. I'd definitely get a pair of twin jet max fins if you're gonna spend that kinda money.

Hmmm... I now use the twin jet max fins, & my experience is 180 degrees from yours. First, the twin jet max are heavy, they don't fit well, & are a bit sluggish in the water. I found the nova's to be light, comfortable, & they produced a hell of alot more turbulence(speed) over any other fin I have used in 35 years of diving...

Back
Top Bottom