Scubapro Seawing Nova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Demo pair have red bungee straps?

The ones with a red bungee strap were special issues sent out by Scubapro to 'key influencers in the industry', who will be required to report back regularly to Scubapro to let them know how the fins are performing/holding up/etc (I know, I've got a pair in the garage).

However, to go with the current all-black models, they will be releasing them with different coloured straps on the bungee, just not red. I believe it will be blue and yellow. They are also releasing, get this, a white pair of Seawing Novas. One, be interesting to see what they look like, and two, how long they stay 'white'.

Mark

They did limited edition runs of the Jets and Twin Jets in white and pink, but those are rubber fins, no monoprene. White would be good for instructors who do better when their fins are distinctly different.

Mike, if you were closer I would lend you mine. To me, they are the best fins I've had in 28 years of diving. The wait is worth it.

Thanks! Appreciate it. I'll get an answer from IVS. Although they are a bit busy with the Dive In Festival, so I'm cutting them some slack.

Just received the news.... Back-ordered until 2nd week of November. Now I just have to work on getting the demo pair.

Demo'ed these fins this past weekend. 3 very different divers. I am 6' 260, my dive buddy 5'7" 240, stocky, my son 5' 9" 160, thin but fit. Conclusion: all of us liked the fit and feel of the fin. Performance was very good. All agreed this was the EASIEST fin to don and doff ever! The fin straps are excellent. The fin feels light in the water and effortless. I would discribe it as stiff but forgiving. When it is time to buy new fins, I will buy these.

I tried the Seawing Nova fins last month and was hooked right away. They are comfortable, light, and powerful. They took a little getting used to, because you don't have to kick furiously when fighting against a strong current. You take long, easy kicks and let the fins do the work. They propel you with both the downward and upward thrust due to their design. With a little practice I was able to do a modified frog kick with them. They'll be great for travel, as they are very light. They're only the fourth pair of fins I've ever owned, but I think they'll be the last.

its kinda ugly and its just a paddle with a hinge...

They kind of resemble the top of a Humbolt Squid. In any case, they are the best fins I've owned in 28 years of diving.

Are you able to do a series of kicks in them comfortably and easily? Frog kick, backward kick, etc? (I need a new fin and am considering this one as well as the new Jet Sport fin.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom