Scubapro Seawing Nova

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A Scuba Pro Rep just gave me a pair to try out today. I will report back tomorrow and let you all know what I think about these and how they perform. I didn't know diving was also a fashion show! I don't think the aquatic life below is going to be talking smack after we leave. It's all about performance.

OK, the verdict. They are comfortable on the ankles, they provide great thrust and I found a site that you can pre-order for $99.99USD. I really enjoyed using these and also want to try their Split-fin (a bit shorter and softer). I actually got a few compliments, so, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I recommend this product.
What is the url for the site where you can pre-order them for $99USD

I've got a set of Seawing Novas. Used them yesterday on a photo assignment in a local quarry wearing drysuit, etc, and hauling a DLSR around. They are comfy, give effortless propulsion – you can really shift when you need to – and I can frogkick, back kick and helicopter turn in them. Not as easy to back kick and helicopter turn as with my Force Fin Flying Force fins, but far easier and with more control than splits. The frogkick is very easy and gives lots of umpf.

Mark

Any suggestions for those of us who don't speak German?

I just won a pair of the Seawings at my LDS tent sale here in San Diego! I cannot wait to try them out this weekend. I have been using Atomic Smokes and before that Mares Avanti Quattros so it will be interesting for me to see how they compare. The Seawings seem to be well made just like the vast majority of Scubapro stuff that I have seen. I will post my thoughts after my dives.

At one time or another I've owned and used jet clones, xl jets, mares quattros, force accelerators and currently use the twin jet jet max.a few months ago I tried the Nova fins at a scuba-pro equipment demo day. The fins are exceptionally comfortable. I'd say slightly more so that the twin jet max which is a comfortable fin. If this is soley due to the foot pocket design maybe it should be used with other fin styles. I reckon the Nova has got slightly more kick down responce and manouverablity than the twin jet max, Although for responce torque and manouverability I've never had a better fin than a standard jet. I found Xl jets and quattro's had the standard jet beaten for speed. Force accelerators were like "wet rags". I found Quattors are bit to rigid they gave me cramp. Whilst I liked the Xl jets I'd still say they are a little to flexable. Twin jet max are more comfortable than the Xl jets and slightly less less effort and like Nova fin they also float. I didn't think the Nova was any faster or slower than the twin jet max or resulted in an increased Sac rate. I could frog kick with them. In the U.K. the Nova retails cheaper than the twin jet max.

I finally got to try them today and came away liking them. They feel a lot lighter that the Atomics that I had been using and seem to have good control. I do feel that the Atomic is a faster fin, however. At the have way point in my dive, my sister I traded fins (she also has Atomic Smokes) and she felt the Novas were very comfortable and stable, but she "felt" faster with her Atomics. In watching her kick, the Novas appeared to have great thrust and sure moved on the pivot point a bunch. All in all, a great fin.

I picked these fins up last week and tried them out today. For me, they are fantastic. I've been diving for over 25 years and have had several types of fins, usually going back to my Slip Streams.

These fins are light (anything is lighter than Turtle Fins and Slip Streams), responsive and make you move fairly quick through the water. Surface swimming was no problem. Stopping and turning was easy. I did not have much of a current so I can't comment on that important factor. I'll update this when I go out next week if the currents cooperate.

They are worth a look for sure, especially if you're thinking about getting a new pair. I paid $170 here in Long Island, New York.

any impressions about feasibility of the frogkick with these
TIA.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom