Scubapro S109 BA conversion not going well

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah mate a bolt torqued with a boltdriver mate!
Yep, I have flathead boltdrivers, philips boltdrivers, and allen boltdrivers. Or are they wrenches? Or maybe just drivers. I paid a little extra because the hardware store dude told me I could then also use them to drive screws as well. :)

005.JPG

There is a little tool for accurately bending those feet to drop the lever a bit, I’d like to get one of those. I tried to do it once with a vise but it turned out awful.
I don't think @herman is still making them.
But a good workaround is a pair of Vise-Grip pliers. If you get the right size Vise-Grip, it will grab both lever feet and keep them parallel, while you carefully adjust the lever's angle with the feet, just like Herman's tool.

Yep, I have flathead boltdrivers, philips boltdrivers, and allen boltdrivers. Or are they wrenches? Or maybe just drivers. I paid a little extra because the hardware store dude told me I could then also use them to drive screws as well. :)
Ok, how about "fasteners" and "fastener actuators"...Another problem solved. Pass me a beer :p

I tested out the regulators in the pool today and they worked very well. Breathed dry, pretty easy. I may spend a bit more time tuning them in a few days when I replace the bolts on the clamps.

I have a really nice 109 bal. I upgraded it and the result was very good however it seemed to be better when I used a diaphragm first stage and bumped the
ip to 150 and then I used a G250 Diaphragm.

Attachments

• P7260093.JPG
    P7260093.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 17
Come on dudes, have you done some research yet, a quick search and make yourselves informationful
I just find it difficult, that you are going to continue through life, unknowing of such critical knowledge

Actually, it's a bolt. Screws don't have a nut or threaded socket which this does.

He is correct.
The difference between a screw and a bolt is about its thread and only its thread.

If the fastener's thread is designed to make its own thread when tightened, it is a screw.
If the fastener's thread is designed to be inserted into a pre-threaded mating fastener, it is a bolt.

And what I've found over time to be a crucial tip for those that aren't particularly mechanically minded
is when it comes to those particular screws or any other screws where they finish sitting below the face
of this style clamp, that it's imperative you use almost a dedicated screw fixer that fits within the recess
so you don't, have the major heartache
of stripping chrome and chewing brass
as you are there screwing those screws

oh yeah and screw those screws evenly

Come on dudes get your fingers moving some quick research humour me and ease my troubled mind

A different meaning of humour?

Come on stiebs, as a fellow Melbournian, born and bred I see you have passed on the opportunity to learn

You the guy that has all the knowledge and skill to build a dive shed out of a toilet, I think some part of the davehicks not mechanically mindedness, must have had some effect on your ideas, of screwing and bolting

So I thought I'd hit Scubapro up, on what they think their stuff should be called and end any future naivety

What I glean from this schematic, is that ScubaPro, uses the term screw, that is because their component is

Screenshot (1264).png

Unless of course Scubapro has decided to call it a screw like you call someone John or Frank or Bill, or a bolt

or maybe they called it a screw because Woman, Man, Fish and Bicycle were taken

This despite the reams and reams, of other helpful info describing the difference between those screws
and bolts if you guys had just let your fingers do that walking instead of your mouths doing this talking

I’ve always called small threaded things like the 109 uses “machine” screws as opposed to “wood” screws or selfie tapping screws probably switching to “bolt” when it larger then 1/4” and when a large wood screw type thread is met with a bolt type head it’s a “lag bolt”.

@happy-diver I see you have done due diligence on my background checks before responding. You are to be commended!

My fingers have done walking and my mouth has done talking, and certainly whether a fastener is called a bolt or a screw is the cause of almost as much debate as whether the toilet paper should be hung with a fringe or a mullet. And as with the dunny roll, there is only one way, yet many perpetrators of the incorrect way maintain they are correct!

I maintain that by the proper definition and delineation of bolt vs screw, that Scubapro need to devote some research dollars to confirm, and then subsequently issue addendums and/or revisions to their service manuals with the part descriptions appropriately corrected.

Back
Top Bottom