Scubapro regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems to be an old SP-5, not an FDX10. The second stage is an original Delta, not a Delta 4.

If it's a MK5 with 5 LP ports (one on the end) and 2 HP ports, it would really be almost impossible to get a better all around 1st stage. Unless there's something wrong with it, there's no reason whatsoever to get a MK20. For the 2nd stage, I don't really know anything about your oceanic, but certainly you could find a 109, balanced/adjustable, or G250 at a reasonable price and you'd have a great reg set.

I know that lone star scuba is a scubapro dealer. The've been around a long time, nice folks. I don't know who's servicing their regs for them, but if you have any trouble finding someone to work on it, send me a PM and I'll try to help you. There's a SB member named couv who has restored and sold several of the 109 metal 2nd stages. I'd contact him; he's a great guy, knows a lot about the regs, and is very honest and trustworthy to buy from.

I will research mine more before I decide to upgrade. I may not need to.
The only thing I absolutely need to upgrade is the compass in my console. It is very sensitive to being held absolutely flat-otherwise the card sticks. It made navigation a real adventure.

If it's a MK5 with 5 LP ports (one on the end) and 2 HP ports, it would really be almost impossible to get a better all around 1st stage. Unless there's something wrong with it, there's no reason whatsoever to get a MK20. For the 2nd stage, I don't really know anything about your oceanic, but certainly you could find a 109, balanced/adjustable, or G250 at a reasonable price and you'd have a great reg set.

I know that lone star scuba is a scubapro dealer. The've been around a long time, nice folks. I don't know who's servicing their regs for them, but if you have any trouble finding someone to work on it, send me a PM and I'll try to help you. There's a SB member named couv who has restored and sold several of the 109 metal 2nd stages. I'd contact him; he's a great guy, knows a lot about the regs, and is very honest and trustworthy to buy from.

MK5? I don't understand. I don't have a Scubapro regulator.
I looked over my first stage again. It has a rough cast finish with a black rubber cover on half of it. The part that has the HP ports swivels, with the LP ports on another part.
Unless I am missing one there are 2 HP ports, 4 LP ports.
At the yoke it is marked 3500psi.
On the rubber cap at the bottom it has CE0120 and EN250- which are just the standards it meets.
There is a serial number in an opening on the rubber part, but I can't find a model or manufacturer name anywhere on it. I'm not even sure it is an Oceanic, but probably is. I'm not sure which one though.

The second stage is marked Delta with a black plastic body, blue face and a black triangle purge button.
The octo is marked Genesis.
The console and gauges are Oceanic.

MK5? I don't understand. I don't have a Scubapro regulator.
I looked over my first stage again. It has a rough cast finish with a black rubber cover on half of it. The part that has the HP ports swivels, with the LP ports on another part.
Unless I am missing one there are 2 HP ports, 4 LP ports.
At the yoke it is marked 3500psi.

My fault, I saw your post saying "SP-5" and thought you meant a scubapro MK5. Oceanic did make a clone of the MK5, that might be what you have.

T-bone, that looks very useful. Thanks,
The compass that came in the console with the reg set is an oceanic. When I was attempting to navigate I thought I was following a straight course- right up to the point the card loosened up and spun almost a quater of the way around. Fortunately I couldn't get lost, not in a 20 acre quarry, but I can't depend on this compass.

I finally did what I should have done at first. I contacted Oceanic.
My regs are a PX2 first stage and a Delta2 second stage.

If you are SURE about that, then the 1st stage is very similar to a ScubaPro MK5 (balanced piston), and the Delta2 is an adjustable 2nd. Lots of guys here are happy to dive a MK5. My wife and I both have similar Oceanic as octos. They breath almost as well as our main balanced Scubapro.
If you don't think yours is breathing well you should look into getting it tuned. If tuned right you'll have to throw a lot of $$ to get anything that will breath noticeably better.
If you simply don't know, you should make an effort to try something out first.

Near as I can tell you are in a deep well of "I don't know" and are trying to buy your way out.

I was surprised when I started looking into it and found it wasn't what I first thought.
I emailed a description and pics to Oceanic. This is what they told me. As soon as I can figure out how to post pics here I will start a new thread with pics.

If it's as good as you say there is no need for me to upgrade. I will have it tuned when it goes in for service.

Thanks

1st stage-1.jpg
1st stage-2.jpg
Delta 2nd stage.jpg

Back
Top Bottom