Scubapro Reg History

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most seem the prefer the G250 over the G250HP. In fact, the G250V seems to be Scubapro's response to the complaints they received when they replaced the G250 with the HP. The HP might offer a bit more performance theoretically (nothing you would notice in use) at the cost of a much more complex design. I'd go with the older G250.

Thanks for the help. Ill probably grab the older G250.

The G250 HP is essentially a 600 in a larger case, they are a good breather. I think the complaints were due to the switch from a metal to a plastic air barrel. You can see the differences here.

I think the question is incorrectly asked :) Its the orher way around - how 650 holds up against G250 :)

I never bothered buying (wasting money) one after reading the reviews here. But a short summary is that their case fault is the worst in normal swimming position and SP had a recall on them due to some issues. So they hold pretty poirly against G250

If you like a funny looking reg get a D series reg. Those are great breathers and G250 holds fairly poorly against them in terms of breathing ease.

But they canbonly be found used and you need to either service them yourself or find a good technician.

So how does the G250 hold up against the X650.

I'd pick the plain G250 anytime, but both items are too expensive, at least to European standard. I once bought a NOS G250 for $73 and I thought I paid too much.

Yes, any G250 is a better choice than the X650.

Back
Top Bottom