scubapro museum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

agilis

Cat Lives Matter
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
It's been quite a few weeks since the extremely popular and valuable on line privately owned Scubapro Musum disappeared overnight with no warning, and under circumstances unpleasant to contemplate. The official party line was than Scubapro was going to replace it with a bigger and better museum, providing superior and more extensive information about vintaged SP regulators than the old, privately owned and managed SP museum. we are now approaching April, and the topic of a new museum seems to have been forgotten. People (especially people involved with SP marketing) seem to have moved on, and the museum issue seems to have been buried.

I'm wondering what plans Scubapro has in this connection. Will we soon see an online comprehensive museum filled with technical and historical detail covering all the old equipment, starting with old Healthway collectors items, progressing with the incomparable old MK2, 5, 10, and all their variations and permutations, dates of productions, internal modifications, etc? Or will that entire history be allowed to vanish down the memory hole, in the same way that Stalinist russia and Nazi Germany consigned people and issues that were in some manner discomfiting to virtual non-existence by removing their names from print and completely ignoring them long enough for their memory to fade away?

People have short memories and, more to the point, new certified equipment purchasing divers have no memory regarding the classic equipment SP produced during its golden age. I have always been suspicious about the old museum's disappearance, but some very highly respected members of thsi board assured me that I was overacting. One moderator actually deleted a couple of my posts. I'm very curious about what the current state of affairs is regarding the museum. Remember? The on line Scubapro museum? The one that no longer exits?

Corporations still have the right to control what they print and show. If they were forced to do anything with this info, the Godwin Law deal would really kick-in.

(The SB spell check used to blank that word out... and some others)

Come on over to my basement, bring your digital camera. I got stuff they wish they had :wink:

Fewer companies every day maintain actual museums or even public databases of past product lines. It costs money.

Corporations still have the right to control what they print and show. If they were forced to do anything with this info, the Godwin Law deal would really kick-in.

(The SB spell check used to blank that word out... and some others)

Come on over to my basement, bring your digital camera. I got stuff they wish they had :wink:

Fewer companies every day maintain actual museums or even public databases of past product lines. It costs money.

Heck, if they posted true info about the past equipment, folks would just by the old stuff on Ebay and not the new stuff. :)

The old museum existed for years without costing Scubapro a cent. Corporations have a LIMITED right to control what they print and show. They have very few rights regarding what other people print and show, especially when dealing with consumer items that are long out of production.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the new supermuseum to surface, one with extensive text describing technical aspects of items long out of production, and not just pictures of them.

wish in one hand.........

The old museum existed for years without costing Scubapro a cent. Corporations have a LIMITED right to control what they print and show. They have very few rights regarding what other people print and show, especially when dealing with consumer items that are long out of production.

Anyway, I'm waiting for the new supermuseum to surface, one with extensive text describing technical aspects of items long out of production, and not just pictures of them.

Never happen then... See my previous post :)

Only an intentionally obtuse individual would think that I was making a comparison with Nazi Germany or invoking it in any way.. I was simply describing the manner through which thing are forgotten and disappear if they are not mentioned. Orwell and others described this invidious process quite well. The Soviets raised it to a high art.

Only an intentionally obtuse individual would think that I was making a comparison with Nazi Germany or invoking it in any way.. I was simply describing the manner through which thing are forgotten and disappear if they are not mentioned. Orwell and others described this invidious process quite well. The Soviets raised it to a high art.

OK go all legal on us with the "legal disclaimer stuff". :)

Folks from Wisconsin are indeed fairly invidious, but not all of them are Commies. That's mostly in Madison... Racine is still part of the People's Resistance Zone of the Free State of Cheeseland.

Them comunazzies will never take "my museum", me and Maude are digging the bunker.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom