Scubapro MK10 Seat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, I got it out with a lag bolt.

The TIS bushing spins but I cant get it to slide off the piston. Any ideas?

Soak it for a while, then gently get a thin knife blade underneath it and pry it. Usually as soon as you get a tiny bit of space between the bushing and piston head they come right off.

I am trying to do this with a MK-10 Plus. That little hole is tiny. I think the 10+ uses the same seat as the MK-20/25.
I put the tiny hole over the face of the valve on my test bottle and opened it. Still no joy.

Any other advice?
Try putting the tiny hole against something that seals better than a tank valve against a flat chrome surface. I use a gun like this one and never had any issues.
970801_9578_1005_oslp.jpg

Try putting the tiny hole against something that seals better than a tank valve against a flat chrome surface. I use a gun like this one and never had any issues. View attachment 414559

I have one of those, never thought to try it. I usually put a second tank valve O ring on top of the first one, hold seat retainer against it and turn air on.

Everything is back together. IP reads about 145. I only have about 2500lbs left in my test bottle.

The reg is pressurized and sitting .

That is on the high side (specs are 135 +/- 10 both at 300 & 3000 psi.) Do you have any shims under the seat retainer cap? Each shim is worth about 5 psi.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom