Scubapro Go-Sport vs Go-Sport Gorilla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m still trying to get my LDS to order the Gorillas for me. I wan’t to have them get the profit instead if some online place 3000 miles away.
Anyway, at 6’4” 235 lbs. I think the Gorillas would be perfect. I love the white Go Sports that @lexvil sent me and so far they are the best fin for standard flutter kicking I’ve ever used. But if I really lay into them they are easy to over power and just bend away out of the power curve. Around here we don’t do a lot of feet up stuff trying not to silt stuff out, there is no silt, and generally we need to fin hard and get from point A to point B.
The only thing I had to go back to heavy jets for is shallow urchin diving because the Go’s were too light and my feet were swinging around wildly above me. I ended up putting jets back on for the second dive one particular day and stuffing rocks into the vent holes go make them heavier to keep my feet down. The surge in the shallows can be very annoying, but that’s where the work needs to be done.
So I think Gorillas are definitely in my future.
If I was to compare flippers to tires I would rate Go’s as high performance racing tires and Jets as tractor tires.

I’m still trying to get my LDS to order the Gorillas for me. I wan’t to have them get the profit instead if some online place 3000 miles away.
Anyway, at 6’4” 235 lbs. I think the Gorillas would be perfect. I love the white Go Sports that @lexvil sent me and so far they are the best fin for standard flutter kicking I’ve ever used. But if I really lay into them they are easy to over power and just bend away out of the power curve. Around here we don’t do a lot of feet up stuff trying not to silt stuff out, there is no silt, and generally we need to fin hard and get from pony A to point B.
The only thing I had to go back to heavy jets for is shallow urchin diving because the Go’s were too light and my feet were swinging around wildly above me. I ended up putting jets back on for the second dive one particular day and stuffing rocks into the vent holes go make them heavier to keep my feet down. The surge in the shallows can be very annoying, but that’s where the work needs to be done.
If I was to compare flippers to tires I would rate Go’s as high performance racing tires and Jets as tractor tires.
Maybe we need to make some weight plates for the bottom of the foot pocket of the mono fins like the gorilla/GoSport :wink:

Anyway, at 6’4” 235 lbs. I think the Gorillas would be perfect. I love the white Go Sports that @lexvil sent me and so far they are the best fin for standard flutter kicking I’ve ever used. But if I really lay into them they are easy to over power and just bend away out of the power curve. Around here we don’t do a lot of feet up stuff trying not to silt stuff out, there is no silt, and generally we need to fin hard and get from point A to point B.

I bought mine form the place in Spain. They were $161 to my door or thereabouts. They shipped fast and communicated well. They were temporarily out of stock just as I placed my order so there was about a week delay.

I bought mine form the place in Spain. They were $161 to my door or thereabouts. They shipped fast and communicated well. They were temporarily out of stock just as I placed my order so there was about a week delay.
If and when I buy them it will be through my LDS.
They have been really good. We’re in a semi partnership with the whole urchin diving project, they give me all sorts of tanks and vintage gear that gets turned it, I may work there as a reg tech in the future, so we’re good friends. Even if I have to pay more I will still support them. Besides, it would look pretty tacky if I show up to a dive with brand new Gorillas 🦍 and everybody is there including the shop owner and Jennifer and here I’m sporting online purchased fins. Not cool.

If and when I buy them it will be through my LDS.
They have been really good. We’re in a semi partnership with the whole urchin diving project, they give me all sorts if tanks and vintage gear that gets turned it, I may work there as a reg tech in the future, so we’re good friends. Even if I have to pay more I will still support them. Besides, it would look pretty tacky if I show up to a dive with brand new Gorillas 🦍 and everybody is there including the shop owner and Jennifer and here I’m sporting online purchased fins. Not cool.
Are they not SP dealers?

Are they not SP dealers?
Yes, they are SP dealers.
It’s just that the owner is on the fence whether or not to stock Gorillas because he fears they will just sit there. But I told him I want a pair regardless and to order me a set.

Yes, they are SP dealers.
It’s just that the owner is on the fence whether or not to stock Gorillas because he fears they will just sit there. But I told him I want a pair regardless and to order me a set.
Nothing helps sales like people seeing the product in action.

Yeah, I got tired of trying to get local stores to order me a set. I quit being a DSBM (dive shop beta minion) about 40 years ago or more. I am a sigma wolf, beholding to no for profit store. If they want my business then get product and sell it at a reasonable price at least semi-competitive with internet sales and, oh, yeah, sell me parts, period! Otherwise I will just order what I need from wherever.

Same here but was able to catch a dip in the Euro/Dollar and scored $145 shipped 🙂

Yeah, I got tired of trying to get local stores to order me a set. I quit being a DSBM (dive shop beta minion) about 40 years ago or more. I am a sigma wolf, beholding to no for profit store. If they want my business then get product and sell it at a reasonable price at least semi-competitive with internet sales and, oh, yeah, sell me parts, period! Otherwise I will just order what I need from wherever.
That’s the other side of me too that I have to hold back and issue very sparingly to avoid blowing up professional relationships.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom