Scubapro Go-Sport vs Go-Sport Gorilla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also believe that Eddy fins (as well as ScubaPro Jet fins, Hollis F1 and F1 LT fins, and a number of others) are rubber with no monoprene. That is why they are so durable. They are VERY durable.
Just went and grabbed my Eddy Flippers for a pool session, whatever Eddy Flippers are made from as a technopolymer it is nothing like a real Scubapro Jet Fin except in appearance. The material is not the same. I am probably wrong as to the polymer of Eddy and Go fins being the same or similar but neither are the "rubber," if it is rubber, that Jet Fins are composed of. Not at all.

Just went and grabbed my Eddy Flippers for a pool session, whatever Eddy Flippers are made from as a technopolymer it is nothing like a real Scubapro Jet Fin except in appearance. The material is not the same. I am probably wrong as to the polymer of Eddy and Go fins being the same or similar but neither are the "rubber," if it is rubber, that Jet Fins are composed of. Not at all.

I totally agree that Eddy fins are not the same rubber as Jet fins. They are obviously a less dense material, as they are neutral, where Jets are quite negative.

But, they still feel like rubber, to me, whereas the monoprene fins I have (Dive Rite XTs and Atomic Blades) clearly feel like plastic (to me).

Unless I missed it, 'original question has yet to be answered. My Eddy fins came with the inserts, and I use them. (The foot pocket of my old Dacor fins did cave in.)

So do Go Sports come with foot pocket inserts, or do you have to purchase separate?

Just to be clear, Monoprene is a branded trade name for a techopolymer material, referred to as TPR, which stands for thermo-plastic rubber.

XXX, hmmm, TPR, hmmm. Maybe Elvis knows the answer.

My Go-Sports had inserts.

How 'bout Gorillas? Only thing in box was one trifolded piece of cardboard that barely fits fin pocket. 'Just want to make certain, before 'call LDS to ask where?

How 'bout Gorillas? Only thing in box was one trifolded piece of cardboard that barely fits fin pocket. 'Just want to make certain, before 'call LDS to ask where?
Now that I think about it, not sure mine came with plastic inserts or cardboard. Sorry for misdirecting you. I just do not remember. In any case, while in my dive bag, which is pretty much all the time, I keep plastic inserts in place and stuff the foot pocket with my booties.

Scubapro's reply to my email:
1719600316620.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom