Scubapro G3 testing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lexvil

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I’ve posted a few things in another thread and this is a day before the dive place holder of sorts.

So far by looking at the built in battery graph I can say that while not using it it draws little to no power. I have worn it as a watch and even came close to setting up smart watch-iPhone connection but don’t really think it’s something I would use.

This is also not a buy one because it’s great thing, I haven’t dived it yet so I can’t say how well it’s going to work in that environment although I don’t anticipate anything but good performance there.

They have slashed the price on these a lot and it’s about as loaded with features as anything out there, for me at my age it’s going to just be a back up to my SP HUD for now.

At this point if I were suggesting a new wrist type computer I would still put Shearwater Teric (maybe the Tern too) at the top of the list but if someone finds a good deal or gets a package deal and one of these G3’s were included or offered I’m thinking you will be as well equipped as anyone without feeling left behind, still if someone were standing in front of me comparing this and a Tern tx with both being unknowns at this point I would probably hint toward the Tern because of the superb customer service from SW but if they were leaning toward this, as of now I couldn’t make myself twist their are away from it.

It looks promising but I’ll know more in the coming weeks/months.
IMG_9813.jpeg

IMG_9814.jpeg

IMG_9816.jpeg

I’ve come to prefer charging my computers with battery packs, this as well as the HUD use different dongles but I’ve charged both at one time with this Anker battery and so far the battery pack has not discharged enough to show any drain. The G3 was fully charged from a low yellow warning to full in an hour and twenty minutes. I carry this battery and the cables in my undergarment bag so it’s always there, the Teric Qi charging is nicer (different battery pack for that) but this is ok.
IMG_9818.jpeg

It’s a big watch which is why I’m not likely to ever use it in watch mode
IMG_9817.jpeg

More impressions to follow.

I can't wait to read your review of the G3 as a dive computer. I want to see your feedback on its readability as a dive computer underwater.

Thank you for sharing 😊

The 🍊 face factor alone has turned you into a fanboi!

The 🍊 face factor alone has turned you into a fanboi!

Don't worry, you can get it in your favorite pink 🩷 color.

Don't worry, you can get it in your favorite pink 🩷 color.

I see that as SP’s sole and only advantage over SW and Garmin here! Nothing else.

Actually using black, it flows better

That’s sacrilege coming from you! 🐥

Two dives, using the SP algorithm but forgot the heart rate skin temp belt so didn’t get a full run down on how it works. This is a very well equipped computer, can do a whole lot more than I will ever be getting out of it, at a pretty good price, now.

Will down load the logs and see if I can make and headway with that after comparing it to a similar Teric dive from the past.
SportDiver_20240504_095223..jpeg
SportDiver_20240504_094542..jpeg
SportDiver_20240504_080157..jpeg
SportDiver_20240504_072249..jpeg

Two dives, using the SP algorithm but forgot the heart rate skin temp belt so didn’t get a full run down on how it works. This is a very well equipped computer, can do a whole lot more than I will ever be getting out of it, at a pretty good price, now.

Will down load the logs and see if I can make and headway with that after comparing it to a similar Teric dive from the past.View attachment 839710View attachment 839711View attachment 839712View attachment 839713

1. Information/Numbers easy to read?

2. Did you use the compass feature?

1. Information/Numbers easy to read?

2. Did you use the compass feature?
Numbers are very easy to read, the little bar saying what the reading is were not for me but once you learn what is where it doesn’t matter. I did not use the compass since I use that in the HUD and it’s the HUD’s best feature. I didn’t want to overload myself with tasks so I’ll use it next time which may be a few weeks.

Since the LogTRAK 2.0 doesn’t present as much data as SW cloud I can’t do direct comparison but digging through some logs to compare to the few pics I took, NDL on the G3 at the beginning of the second dive (@ 15 minutes) to a second dive with the Teric last year shows the NDL within 1 minute of each other. Teric GF 40/80 I believe and the G3 on SP’s MB L0.

Next chance I get I’ll note some specific times from the Teric logs and try to take pictures. At the same point in the dive rather than at random.

Here is the battery usage over the past 24 hrs
IMG_9919.jpeg

148 minutes of dive time

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom