Scubapro G3 testing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi @lexvil

Do you run the HUD and the G3 on Buhlmann, do they run the same? I guess if the HUD showed the PDIS stop, the answer is no. I was just wondering about the difference in implementation of Buhlmann between the 2 computers. Thanks.
I’m running them both on the SP MB with PDIS algorithms. The HUD is consistently a foot or so shallower, both showed the PDIS stop but the presentation was clearer on the HUD, showing the count down. The NDL’s don’t match up most of the time, not to far off and both jump to 199 at about the same time when I move up shallower.

Eventually I’ll run both again in GF and see how they compare, against advice from everyone I also bought an A2 just to see how it fits in with these also curious if the are as bad as people say.

I also bought an A2 just to see how it fits in with these also curious if the are as bad as people say.

I hated it!!! Batteries are dealer changeable and difficult to change even for a dealer. They don't last two years as they claim. The small labels in the display are so small, I couldn't read them. I got rid of mine. Not sure if it is going to last for long in the SP DC line.

Why did you buy it?? I'd have bought the LUNA 2 or the G2 TEK.

I hated it!!! Batteries are dealer changeable and difficult to change even for a dealer. They don't last two years as they claim. The small labels in the display are so small, I couldn't read them. I got rid of mine. Not sure if it is going to last for long in the SP DC line.

Why did you buy it?? I'd have bought the LUNA 2 or the G2 TEK.
Why do I do things even if I know I shouldn’t? Do you charge by the hour? :)

It’s new and coming with another transmitter so…

I expect it will disappear from the catalog in a matter of months.

Why do I do things even if I know I shouldn’t? Do you charge by the hour? :)

Next time, check with me first, free consultation the first time 🤠

A former student of mine lost his A2 when it somehow fell into the water while the boat was moving. It was a good excuse for him to order the G3. It should arrive in less than 2 weeks.

A very long dive today (100 min), compared the SW cloud log the SP log is very basic so I took a bunch of pics through the dive, I’m running MBL 0, pdis
Here is a shot of the G3
SportDiver_20240608_085327.jpeg
IMG_6384.png

SportDiver_20240608_085447.jpeg

I ran the Teric at GF 40/85

The G3 vs HUD, sane settings the HUD was a lot more conservative, I tried to take mental note but I am short on mental note scratch paper but it was generally 13 to 20 less time than the G3
SportDiver_20240608_092443.jpeg
SportDiver_20240608_093451.jpeg
SportDiver_20240608_094446.jpeg
SportDiver_20240608_095336.jpeg

Thank you for reminding me why I love my Teric so much. That G3 screen is as confusing as heck. Instead of redesigning it to be friendlier, it just looks like they shrunk a Galileo to fit a watch face. Ugh.

Thank you for reminding me why I love my Teric so much. That G3 screen is as confusing as heck. Instead of redesigning it to be friendlier, it just looks like they shrunk a Galileo to fit a watch face. Ugh.
That’s the setting I picked, they have the light version but I haven’t tried it, the Teric has a much better screen for sure but it’s at the top of the heap, the appears to be a very good computer and several hundred $ less, I haven’t seen a Tern yet but it’s set to be an industry leader.

That’s the setting I picked, they have the light version but I haven’t tried it, the Teric has a much better screen for sure but it’s at the top of the heap, the appears to be a very good computer and several hundred $ less, I haven’t seen a Tern yet but it’s set to be an industry leader.
I’m on a trip with about 6 Tern AI users. Maybe even nicer than the Teric. They are all oohing and aahing about their new computers. You just can’t beat the visual interface. SP’s look ancient what with the wasted screen real estate and clumsy design.

I’m on a trip with about 6 Tern AI users. Maybe even nicer than the Teric. They are all oohing and aahing about their new computers. You just can’t beat the visual interface. SP’s look ancient what with the wasted screen real estate and clumsy design.
SW definitely has the interface worked out. If someone is already vested in SP like having a transmitter etc. then this/these are a decent choice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom