Scubapro G250 poppet assemby

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divezonescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello:

I am working on a very old Scubapro G250. It has the older poppet assembly with the large seat, blue assembly, and metal extension with single oring.

Does anyone know if I can simply replace this entire poppet assembly with the newer all plastic white assembly.

For those of you who can't resist posting gloom and doom warnings as I am scubapro, oceanic, tusa, atomic, and mares certified.

Thanks.

Yes........almost certainly.
Caveat being there have been reports that you possibly might need a different demand lever that has slightly different tab angle (or bend your existing one) .
.......plenty of talk about this.

Yes. I just did this with a old Balanced Adjustable.... it had the blue poppet assembly, I replaced it with the new S-wing poppet assembly, but also installed a "new" G250 lever since I had one. I re-used the spring that came with the blue poppet assembly since it appeared to be fine.

I'm sure some of the "regular suspects" will chime in as well with more detail.

Best wishes.

Yes, you can, but probably Fishpie is right and you have to change the old lever 11.109.105 for the lever 11.250.141 which is used for all later models.

BTW, better don't mention you are certified tech to avoid picky remarks. Their reputation on this forum is quite questionable:wink:.

Dear AWAP:

I waiting for someone who couldn't help themselves.

In case you don't know whenever you get certified in a training session, not every regulator that was ever sold by the company is covered. This particularly applies to regulators that have not been manufactured in several years or decades.

Furthermore, even if you service a particular brand for years, you may not encounter a particular model let alone a particular variation of a particular model.

Lastly, if you knew anything about the Mares certification process, you wouldn't make an uninformed comment like that.

To everyone else:

Thanks for the input.

Well, my warning came too late.......

If you are not certified you can ask any question, if you are certified for a specific manufacturer you have to know everything about every model for at least the last fifty years, otherwise your question indicates that you are a complete clueless idiot, putting lots of lives in danger, bull****ting your customers or yourself if you work on those regulators :D.

probably you have to change the old lever 11.109.105 for the lever 11.250.141 which is used for all later models.

Not sure I agree. The -105 lever will work just fine. The -141 lever with the little toe on it was designed around the barrels with the plastic sleeve added: the 250HP and the 250V. I think the old lever will work just fine with the S-wing poppet. For example, think of all the 156s that have been upgraded to the s-wing poppet with the original lever.

Get herman's lever height adjustment tool if needed.

Dear AWAP:

I waiting for someone who couldn't help themselves.

In case you don't know whenever you get certified in a training session, not every regulator that was ever sold by the company is covered. This particularly applies to regulators that have not been manufactured in several years or decades.

Furthermore, even if you service a particular brand for years, you may not encounter a particular model let alone a particular variation of a particular model.

Lastly, if you knew anything about the Mares certification process, you wouldn't make an uninformed comment like that.

To everyone else:

Thanks for the input.

Do you mean that none of those certifications classes taught you to read a schematic?

Are you the service tech for Dive Zone Scuba?

Perhaps it was easier to just ask rather than examine schematics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom