Scubapro din conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sh@rkW@tcher

supreme yak diver in charge
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm sure one of the board experts can answer this question for me. Will the DIN conversion kit for the scubapro MK10, MK14, MK16, MK17, MK18, MK20, MK25, work on the MK5 or does it require a special kit? This assuming the MK is convertable to DIN.

Thanks in advance

any idea where I might find a conversion kit?

The Mk5 din is different from the others but I have heard and experimented with making it work. Thread size is correct and, with the universal retainer, you can install an O-ring on the side that will make a seal. But the saddle must be left off as it will bind on the din wheel. And I'm not really comfortable with which part is absorbing the torque when you tighten the retainer. I suspect the o-ring may be getting crushed more than it should. But it does seem to work.

You can find Mk5 din adapters in any shop that sells hen's teeth. Good Luck

If I have a DIN conversion that fits a Scubapro MK20 or 25, will it also work on a Mk10?
Thanks
MPM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom