Scubapro chrome plated brass regulators...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did buy some ones, not original, made by Vintage Double Hose. Stainless steel, till now no sign of corrosion.
Inside a 156 I did buy some years ago there was one of those gold-plated orifices, which was absolutely mint and shining.

I was thinking the gold plating was to help with corrosion, guess not.

upload_2021-2-20_15-42-52.jpeg

I've also rebuilt a few AIR 2 models (3rd gen I think) that had gold plated orifices.

Any idea why they Gold plating?

No. One would think good old chrome plated brass would last longer than gold plating. But my knowledge of plating leaves a lot to be desired. Both methods seem to work well until they don't. ;-)

I did buy some ones, not original, made by Vintage Double Hose. Stainless steel, till now no sign of corrosion.

I knew VDH made orifices for the 109/BA/G250, but I did not know they were stainless steel. If they are indeed stainless, even if they were to corrode, performing Matt Magic/Dr. Singler treatment should solve the issue for a few years until needed again.

Back
Top Bottom