Scubapro chrome plated brass regulators...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see that bulletin mentions gold plating... interesting.

I do remember the thermoplastic ones being marketed as reducing potential for 2nd stage icing....

SP also made them in SS. I have gotten them in the past. The packaging specifically listed them as such.
So ya think this one is brass? Not sure about the P

upload_2021-2-21_9-39-10.jpeg

Any idea why they Gold plating?[/QUOT
I believe the G260 comes with a SS orifice and it should be compatible with the other in-line systems.

gold shouldn’t corrode, ever, but it’s very soft and once scratched the underlying material will. My guess these “gold” ones are actually some other material like zirconium...
I believe the G260 comes with a SS orifice and it should be compatible with the other in-line systems.

gold shouldn’t corrode, ever, but it’s very soft and once scratched the underlying material will. My guess these “gold” ones are actually some other material like zirconium...
It is actual gold plating and while gold itself does not corrode, depending on how it’s bonded during the plating process, and with which base metal, the base metal can migrate through the gold over time (even if not scratched) leading to increased corrosion risk.

I have a BA-CE just found out the exhaust valve is the same as a G260 well according to the schematic anyway. Anyone have experience with the CE version? The CE also has a unique diaphragm 11-300-31.

Thanks,

there is NO benefit to gold (other than the gold plated low mag signature on the navy double hose mine one , ( i have one or a marketing ploy ) gold is WAY softer, you usually only plate 24 k , i know this as im a third generation plater also NO benefit to plate stainless, (dont know why you would want to as you can polish stainless to a mirror finish ) most scuba is brass as its much easier and cost effective to plate

I dive exclusively 109 or 156. I always disliked the strong Venturi effect of the G250 or similar, with the VIVA deflector. These Venturi-assisted regs make me breath more than necessary, causing an increase in my SAC, and they are less natural for me.
A properly tuned 156 (or 109 converted to BA) is what I like more, as there is perfect proportionality of your demand and the flow you get.
The increase of the breathing work is minimal, and the advantages of a more natural breathing and reduced SAC are worth
So true… perfect proportionality, problem is it’s such a beautiful regulator worried about scratches. Lol

Attachments

• A2F4FD99-60D1-4D88-BECA-4096A3D4E8BC.png
    A2F4FD99-60D1-4D88-BECA-4096A3D4E8BC.png
    852.8 KB · Views: 47
I have one 109, and one BA (at least it has the BA cover and adjustment knob), both bought from eBay couple years ago. Both upgraded… Swing poppet, spring, curly foot lever, BC, orifice. I can’t get either to crack over .7

I have two new old stock 156 CE, and one Mark X never wet, both breath excellent right out of the box and crack at 1.0 and 1.1 all original.

Wondering if some 109 don’t do well converting to balance regulators?

I have one 109, and one BA (at least it has the BA cover and adjustment knob), both bought from eBay couple years ago. Both upgraded… Swing poppet, spring, curly foot lever, BC, orifice. I can’t get either to crack over .7

I have two new old stock 156 CE, and one Mark X never wet, both breath excellent right out of the box and crack at 1.0 and 1.1 all original.

Wondering if some 109 don’t do well converting to balance regulators?
Switch the parts over and see what happens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom